Contribute
Register

Sonoma in a loop

Morning Feartech. You asked yesterday if it was up and running and I might have not been that clear. Everything I tried on the machine worked. The internet, file transfer to and from a stick, opening pictures and hackintool. The only issue I had, as I said, was no pictures on the desktop. What I really meant was no wallpaper. The only picture I get is the one at the login screen. So yes the machine is up and running. Except for sound and the hdmi not recognising the item it is connected to. This was the same on my previous haswell until I modified it.
I have just checked one of my previous machines and found it has the same board and processor as I currently want to use for Sonoma.
A few years ago you and the team generated an EFI for me, under clover, on a gigabyte z77 board. As you had taught me a lot during that time I really only had to modify the EFI to suit the ig-platform-id and graphics and it has been working ever since. So this morning, due to my fiddling nature, I tried to copy the contents of the modified EFI to the new one on Sonoma and guess what, yeah it failed.
My question is there a way of modifying the clover EFI to become a OC EFI?

Thanks for your time and effort

Lesli

Morning Feartech. You asked yesterday if it was up and running and I might have not been that clear. Everything I tried on the machine worked. The internet, file transfer to and from a stick, opening pictures and hackintool. The only issue I had, as I said, was no pictures on the desktop. What I really meant was no wallpaper. The only picture I get is the one at the login screen. So yes the machine is up and running. Except for sound and the hdmi not recognising the item it is connected to. This was the same on my previous haswell until I modified it.
I have just checked one of my previous machines and found it has the same board and processor as I currently want to use for Sonoma.
A few years ago you and the team generated an EFI for me, under clover, on a gigabyte z77 board. As you had taught me a lot during that time I really only had to modify the EFI to suit the ig-platform-id and graphics and it has been working ever since. So this morning, due to my fiddling nature, I tried to copy the contents of the modified EFI to the new one on Sonoma and guess what, yeah it failed.
My question is there a way of modifying the clover EFI to become a OC EFI?

Thanks for your time and effort

Lesli
not really as your hardware is not supported

Hi Feartech your pain in the butt here.
I have been following people who make it look easy for the setup of Sonoma on a haswell board.
I can still only get what described previously.
So I started to use OC to setup Catalina on the same board. You may remember you helped before on the clover system. That machine still works well.
So following Dortania's guide I proceeded. Everything works except sound. Accelerated graphics, internet, file sharing across the network, media playback(no sound). It was a great deal of fun and I got into propertree for editing the config.plist. With a bit more availability of info you probably would not need OCAT.
So my reason for the mail. I have the working EFI that is currently driving Catalina and, if you have time, would you have a look to see why it does not turn on the HDMI. I have read that it may need hda or the date codes to be inserted for Catalina. I notice after looking at the clover config.plist that there is a turn on intel HDMI tick but I cannot locate that in the OC config.plist.
I have not included my EFI as it would be a little presumptuous to do so. If you are of a mind to have a look please reply and I will forward it.

Thanks in advance

Lesli

Hi Feartech your pain in the butt here.
I have been following people who make it look easy for the setup of Sonoma on a haswell board.
I can still only get what described previously.
So I started to use OC to setup Catalina on the same board. You may remember you helped before on the clover system. That machine still works well.
So following Dortania's guide I proceeded. Everything works except sound. Accelerated graphics, internet, file sharing across the network, media playback(no sound). It was a great deal of fun and I got into propertree for editing the config.plist. With a bit more availability of info you probably would not need OCAT.
So my reason for the mail. I have the working EFI that is currently driving Catalina and, if you have time, would you have a look to see why it does not turn on the HDMI. I have read that it may need hda or the date codes to be inserted for Catalina. I notice after looking at the clover config.plist that there is a turn on intel HDMI tick but I cannot locate that in the OC config.plist.
I have not included my EFI as it would be a little presumptuous to do so. If you are of a mind to have a look please reply and I will forward it.

Thanks in advance

Lesli
pick up a cheap AMD RX 580

or stick with Monterey

look into AppleALC.kext for your audio issues:

may need to generate your own HPET.aml along with config.plist Find and Replace:

Hi Feartech and trs96.
Thanks for the quick reply.
The graphics on my hackintosh are fine it is the sound that is the issue.
I even tried to get hackintool to give me some clues but that did not work.
The mobo knows the hd4600 is there but it is not switching it on. It does not show up in sysprefs to select as an output. I have checked the ports for audio out on the board and no problem.

Hi Feartech and trs96.
Thanks for the quick reply.
The graphics on my hackintosh are fine it is the sound that is the issue.
I even tried to get hackintool to give me some clues but that did not work.
The mobo knows the hd4600 is there but it is not switching it on. It does not show up in sysprefs to select as an output. I have checked the ports for audio out on the board and no problem.
have you done the above?

Hi Feartech
I did produce my own HPET as per SSDTTime and it is in place. Have not bought a video card yet as this IGPU works on Catalina with Clover.
I have tried to attach two files which may help(or not) to explain the things i have tried. i say try as i cannot seem to attach pages from Pages which i downloaded from the appstore today.
is it possible to attach these pages?

Back