Contribute
Register

Sonoma in a loop

Hi Feartech. It does indeed. Hackintosh and OC at times have shown it as Intel Iris Pro.
Keep only HD 4600 ( as Intel advertises ).
And use it to install Monterey. It is not difficult at all.

Then you may think about going to Ventura, Sonoma .... or may be Sonoma Plus on June, 10 :)

Good morning Feartech.
I attach a photo where the install halts and when it reboots the loop(repeats) starts.

Attachments

• IMG_0830.jpeg
    IMG_0830.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Good morning Feartech.
I attach a photo where the install halts and when it reboots the loop(repeats) starts.
re read the post above....

also zip and upload your EFI after you have updated your hardware profile

Hi Feartech
Attached a photo of the point where the install pauses for about 10 seconds before the reboot into a recurring loop.
missing your zipped EFI
Hi Feartech . I have updated 3 times now and a message sent this morning did not show up on the site until about 15:00H
you have Intel HD4600 graphics, not 4400

hi Feartech. When i checked earlier i had just one page now i have nearly 3. your system doent seem to update on this machine as quickly as it did.
sorry about that, just got the one you sent at 4:30PM.
Hope this is what you want.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 3
Hi Feartech just an udate.
I downloaded version 14.3.1 and it installed OK. it did pause for a few seconds in the same place as i showed in the photo sent previously.
two issues however have shown up so far.
1 no accelerated graphics
2 no sound.
the machine i used to build the stick on was running catalina (tonymac stylee) Clover and that run fine. I am using Sonoma to write this.
the ig-platform-id, the graphics id and the required sound kext are all installed. although the platform id and graphics id are set out differently in OC.
any clues her would be nice

talk soon.

Lesli

Hi Feartech just an udate.
I downloaded version 14.3.1 and it installed OK. it did pause for a few seconds in the same place as i showed in the photo sent previously.
two issues however have shown up so far.
1 no accelerated graphics
2 no sound.
the machine i used to build the stick on was running catalina (tonymac stylee) Clover and that run fine. I am using Sonoma to write this.
the ig-platform-id, the graphics id and the required sound kext are all installed. although the platform id and graphics id are set out differently in OC.
any clues her would be nice

talk soon.

Lesli
1: there is no support in Sonoma for your Graphics (unless you try using OCLP (OpenCore Legacy Patcher)
2: look into using AppleALC.kext

Back