i5-4690K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys
Built a stick for Sonoma following the usual guides which put Sonoma onto the stick, great.
Built an EFI following more than one guide out there. No error messages shown, great.
Disconnected all drives(ssd's) except for the one waiting for Sonoma, plugged the stick in and fired it up.
Stick loaded up to the picker and I selected install Sonoma. After formatting the ssd I clicked on install Sonoma.
It went to a black screen with the sonoma logo and the loading bar with 31 minutes remaining which after a couple of seconds dropped to 20 minutes. So far so good.
After it got to about 14 minutes it seemed to do nothing for about 5 minutes then it rebooted.
At the picker it had selected macOS installer fired up loading text happened. It carried on its merry way then somewhere about the 20 minute mark it rebooted and up came the apple logo with a loading bar. After a short while it rebooted and more text and then it rebooted. More text same again. The next time it did it the last word on the line before it rebooted was staged. After half a dozen times I realised it was a loop.
The board is a gigabyte ga h87 hd3 i5 CPU onboard graphics 8Mb ram onboard ethernet .
If someone has a clue I would appreciate it.
I have seen in the past, on you tube, this problem being shown but I cannot find that vid now.

Thanks in advance

Lesli

Hi guys
Built a stick for Sonoma following the usual guides which put Sonoma onto the stick, great.
Built an EFI following more than one guide out there. No error messages shown, great.
Disconnected all drives(ssd's) except for the one waiting for Sonoma, plugged the stick in and fired it up.
Stick loaded up to the picker and I selected install Sonoma. After formatting the ssd I clicked on install Sonoma.
It went to a black screen with the sonoma logo and the loading bar with 31 minutes remaining which after a couple of seconds dropped to 20 minutes. So far so good.
After it got to about 14 minutes it seemed to do nothing for about 5 minutes then it rebooted.
At the picker it had selected macOS installer fired up loading text happened. It carried on its merry way then somewhere about the 20 minute mark it rebooted and up came the apple logo with a loading bar. After a short while it rebooted and more text and then it rebooted. More text same again. The next time it did it the last word on the line before it rebooted was staged. After half a dozen times I realised it was a loop.
The board is a gigabyte ga h87 hd3 i5 CPU onboard graphics 8Mb ram onboard ethernet .
If someone has a clue I would appreciate it.
I have seen in the past, on you tube, this problem being shown but I cannot find that vid now.

Thanks in advance

Lesli
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Hello,
You should rephrase the above sentence.

A)
- Motherboard : GA H87 HD3
- CPU : i5 Model XXXX (having integrated Graphics HD YYYY) with 8 MB cache
- LAN : integrated on board

B)
- Motherboard : GA H87 HD3
- CPU : i5 Model XXXX (having integrated Graphics HD YYYY)
- RAM : 8 GB
- LAN : integrated on board

=======
Long ago, I tested a Haswell system ( CPU i5-4570/HD 4600 iGPU) with Monterey macOS.
I used SMBIOS Macmini7,1 to take advantage of its iGPU.
It worked without problems.
Then I went up (Ventura / Sonoma), but adding a dGPU ( RX 560 ).
=======

Check/re-check : Dortania's guide(s), BIOS settings.

Do not forget the @Feartech request in post #2 above.

Hope this helps.
Cheers :)

Last edited:
Hi Feartech and Cosmix.
Updated my profile, apologies.
Motherboard : GA H87M HD3 Haswell
- CPU : i5-4690 (having integrated Graphics HD YYYY) Intel Iris Pro graphics. Hard drive 512Gb ssd.
- LAN : integrated on board Realtek
I have used as suggested iMacPro1,1.
Platform id as per the Haswell notes in the list.
Graphics device id 04120000
I have been through dortania's guide and got every thing suggested and double checked it is all in the right place.
I did all this a few years ago with Feartech, amongst others, and that machine is still trundling along.
Hope this is enough for you.
Many thanks

Hi Feartech and Cosmix.
Updated my profile, apologies.
Motherboard : GA H87M HD3 Haswell
- CPU : i5-4690 (having integrated Graphics HD YYYY) Intel Iris Pro graphics. Hard drive 512Gb ssd.
- LAN : integrated on board Realtek
I have used as suggested iMacPro1,1.
Platform id as per the Haswell notes in the list.
Graphics device id 04120000
I have been through dortania's guide and got every thing suggested and double checked it is all in the right place.
I did all this a few years ago with Feartech, amongst others, and that machine is still trundling along.
Hope this is enough for you.
Many thanks
An AMD dedicated/compatible Graphics Card could help.

That's what Intel said :

1712083373852.png

... and that's what you say :
1712083773098.png

Last edited:
Hi Cosmix
I followed the link that Feartech left and updated my profile. Checking after your mail it looks like it did not take the MB details. I have edited it again.
What I left as a list is what I am using now
i5-4690K CPU has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU

Back