Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> (Sonoma 14.4) App containing media (Videos, audio, images), takes time to open or is extremely slow

Hi, I started by changing SMBIOS for a MacPro7.1 and that solved my lag problem, but it did not solve FaceTime, Youtube, Spotify etc... which take a while to open or play audio

thing to know, I use two FireWire sound cards (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and Pro 24 DSP) whose drivers are no longer officially supported since MacOS 10.15

I wonder if it wouldn't come from the aging drivers of the cards which would cause the codec to bug...

Also, I cannot use AMFIPass.kext, it never wanted to work despite several tries and methods

I also completely disabled the iGPU and removed the DeviceProperties line

I will tackle the SSDT later because it requires a lot of time and also not to fail

the PciRoot addresses that I have are not the same as in Dortania's guide, I had checked before integrating them

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have some news regarding my problem.

Firstly, recently my audio interfaces have started to go out of sync more and more frequently.

I therefore wanted to know if it came from the aging card driver (2019 since the last update)

so I did a clean installation of MacOS 14.4.1 on another hard drive to try and surprise! no more problems! (exept some sync loss sometimes) (no more sound problems or slow opening of software using audio)

so the problem would come from my MacOS the problem being that I have more than 800gb of plugins (not all reinstallable) installed and 6 years of musical work on this MacOS that I cannot delete.

Is there any other solution than completely reinstalling MacOS and losing all my audio plugins?

Thank you !

Is there any other solution than completely reinstalling MacOS and losing all my audio plugins?
If you download the full version of Sonoma and install it over the top of your existing installation without formatting the drive it will refresh the system files and preserve your settings and data.

If you download the full version of Sonoma and install it over the top of your existing installation without formatting the drive it will refresh the system files and preserve your settings and data.
Hi ! I finally found the solution!

it was linked to the Core Audio driver from Microsoft for Teams (MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver) which had triggered all my problems... thank you all for your help!!!

Back