EVGA GeForce GTX 750 1GB FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey everyone! First, I just want to give a huge thanks to everyone who's in here helping the community and making this place as awesome as it is, contributing knowledge and helping others build their hackintoshes. I've been around the forums here in the past, but usually I just read and don't comment much. But, seeing as today I was able to get my hackintosh running in 15 minutes with little to no problems after following the latest Clover guide, I figured I should jump in here and say hi. Also, I need some further help that I'm hoping some of the more knowledgable members can help me with. Here we go!

So I built my latest machine focused around the idea of having a hackintosh, followed the build guides and bought everything, set it up, etc etc. I'm a former network and server engineer so this stuff is cake for me. Hackintoshing isn't exactly new to me, but with this I finally had time and gave it a shot. My specs are below:

Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force Mobo
i7-4790k
32gb DDR3 1600 RAM
2TB 7200RPM HDD (There are other HDDs installed on this system, I'll get to my questions on this in a bit)
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
Three (3) 23" Monitors

Ok so I think I covered all of the bases there. Anyway, this morning I figured I would give this install a shot, seeing as everyone has seemed to have good things to say about Clover. I set up my USB drive last night, and this morning I followed this guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) to get the install done.

Throughout the beginning of the install process, I had to add the arg nv_disable=1 to get the installer to come up for Step 4 and Step 5 of the guide above. After I installed the Nvidia web drivers, the machine booted up fine and I'm looking at 2 of my 3 monitors working. Better than before.

So, here's my questions:

First, what should my next steps be on this new hackintosh build? OSX is there, it's working, I have Ethernet and 2 of the 3 displays are good. I'm getting an error message about some other hard drives I have installed (see below) that I'd like to take care of at some point, but for those who really, REALLY know this stuff, what would YOU do?

Also, where can I find more information about how to get all 3 of my displays working? They are all connected to the one GTX 750, so I'm wondering if maybe that's a problem? I tried connecting the non-working display to the mobo but no dice there either.

Also, this setup is a tad more complex, because I have an Evo 840 series SSD running Windows 10, which I disconnected before I started the install this morning since that's what I use EVERY. DAY. That thing can't get screwed up in the least, and I need to do a backup.

I also have two other 2TB drives, that are in a software RAID that I use for my Windows installation to store files and stuff that I don't want on the SSD. Now, whenever I restart the hackintosh, on boot it comes up saying that these drives weren't recognized. Ideally, I'd like to keep those drives connected, but have OSX not complain to me every time I boot up. Reason being, there's an initialize button there, and I know what that does. 0_o

Anyway, I'd be happy to provide screenshots or whatever if someone can help me. I'm just not sure where to look. That said, I'm still digging through everything here on the forums and I'm sure if I find something that could help me, I'll try it and see how it goes, then report back here with updates.

Thanks again! :)

Update, just going through looking to see what's working and what's not. Looks like the bluetooth for the board isn't working. I can't get my Apple keyboard to connect, which is ok for now, but not ideal. Anyone able to point me in that direction?

I'm looking around, but so far everything is related to pre-Clover. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back