Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus gaming 5 z370
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
I've recently built my third hackintosh and I've only installed the bare minimum kexts, this is the first one I make with an AMD gpu and I'm having an issue I never had before.

It seems like this build sometimes doesn't want to wake up from display sleep, meaning the mac is actually not sleeping, but it's displays are off and there's no way to turn them back on by pressing a key or using the mouse.
I know the machine is still on and working because I can remotely access it using ssh or even just disk sharing in the finder.
This is very annoying and forces me to force a reboot on the machine.

This particular build consists of:
i7-8700k
aorus ultra gaming wifi
MSI V368-008R Radeon RX Vega 64
System definition iMac 18,3

edit: I didn't specify this doesn't happen systematically, but just randomly, and I suspect it happens only if I leave it in this sleep for several minutes. Thinking it could be a bluetooth issue, I've tried plugging a usb keyboard to wake the machine up, but this didn't help.

Here are the kexts I have at the moment:

/Library/Extensions:

EFI/kexts/Other

and config.plist attached

Attachments

• config hackin3.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 83
I have a similar issue after switching to my AMD RX580 once I upgraded to Mojave. I found that when the machine sits for an unknown amount of time (sometimes when sleeping, sometimes while the screensaver is running) the display will disappear but the computer is still accessible and can be ssh’ed into, etc. Only way to work around this is to pull the hdmi 2.0 cable out of the back of the Card and the reinsert it. After this the computer works fine until it sleeps or is running screensaver. Turning the screen that is blank off then back on again has no effect.

Have tried multiple displays, only hdmi connected ones seem to be problematic - display port is fine. I have also connected two 4K TVs to the card with a display port on the third. The two hdmi connections show the issue, the display port one is fine.

Both TVs were at udh4k mode connected with hdmi 2.0 rated cables at 60Hz refresh. Display port connection is also at udh4k with dp 1.3 cable.

Video card is detected natively, and WhateverGreen kext is installed. Other than the VoodooHDA 2.9 kext, everything else is stock.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back