Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I've got my mackintosh working near perfect with one exception. Every now and again, I come back to the computer to find out the network is frozen. If I go and try to re-acquire an IP address, I get nothing. Then when I reboot everything works perfectly. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I thought I had my system in my sig:

GA-Z68XP-UD3
16GB GB DDR3 Ram
Version F8 DSDT

I have a Gigabyte H61N-USB3-F8, and my Ethernet is similarly flaky. Sometimes it just works, but sometimes it won't work at all.

I'm using the DSDT for F8 for my motherboard. I've tried all the network drivers I could find (I don't know what hardware is actually ON the motherboard).

When I had this system running a Linux install, it had no problems with the Ethernet working reliably, so this isn't likely a hardware issue.

Hoping that someone has a suggestion.

Gigabyte H61N-USB3-F8
16GB DDR3 RAM
H61N-USB3-F8 DSDT

eric90066 said:
I have the same problem. I have to actually shut off the power supply for a few seconds before I reboot, then I have the correct ip address.

I tried that today, actually, and it worked.

Thing is, I know the hardware works reliably because it works with Linux drivers. So this has to be some kind of software issue. Hope someone who's willing to hack on it can reproduce the problem and fix it. Otherwise I'm going to end up buying a Mac Mini and turn my system into a Linux box again. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back