Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys

I installed Lion yesterday on my Hackintosh. It worked perfect. Used it for a while and restart it a couple of times. Everything work fine. At one point I added audio support from Multibeast as I thought it would be better for the MBox mini / Pro Tools.

Today, woke up start the computer and the eternal spinning wheel appear!!

Restart, try to boot into the 'installer' partition, and again eternal spinning wheel.

What is really odd, is that both partitions do the same. I can't even boot the installer now.

Got no clue, any ideas?

Thanks!

Fix your bios/cmos, it's probably corrupted by Lion, hence why neither partition will boot. Maybe you lost HPET or something.

GA boards have slots for saved bios configs. I use these to backup different configurations for testing, and in case anything gets corrupted and breaks.

There's a fix for the Lion cmos corruption issue here:

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=25748&p=168296&hilit=lion+cmos#p168296

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

I've read that the above Terminal command works for some and not for others. I ran across another forum that mentioned that you could use the AppleRTC kext from a Snow Leopard install, specifically from 10.6.7. I used one from 10.6.8 and it seems to have solved the sleep problem that was causing the CMOS reset. I can now sleep and wake just fine.
Another tip for others experiencing the CMOS reset is to double check your hard disk boot priority in your BIOS. Mine kept getting reset to my backup external drive so it kept hanging up at the DMI Pool portion of startup.

1. Make a copy of the original AppleRTC.kext in a safe place. Found in S/L/E
2. Delete AppleRTC.kext from S/L/E
3. Use Kext Helper Utility to install Snow Leopard AppleRTC.kext by dragging it on to the installer window.
4. Reboot and cross your fingers.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks Kabz!

Your answer came across when I was checking the drive through an external usb case in my MacBook Pro. I pulled the HD and booted as an external USB drive.

I installed EasyBeast, and Disk Utilities from the MultiBeast installation onto the Lion HD as the post installation suggests. And now the Lion came to life again!

I'll keep in mind your suggestion for the near future. As I said, I just installed yesterday and I'm checking how everything works, so I'm crossing fingers at every minute :)

Again, many thanks for the advice and sharing.

Sorry my english dudes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back