Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 ROG MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
If I set CsrActivateConfig to 0x67, my ethernet works fine. If I set it to 0x00, it works for a split second after I log in (as evidenced as Safari loading the last URL I was on before I restarted), but then stops working. How can I diagnose what kext is causing the problem? I don't have AppleIntelE1000e or IntelMausiEthernet currently in L/E, as neither of them were working and it clearly works fine without loading third-party kexts.

As a side note, I can't get my nVidia drivers to work properly. I tried the solution listed here but it didn't do anything with CsrActivateConfig set to 0x00 and rebuilding the kextcache.

I'm using High Sierra 17G66 and the hardware below.

I have a similar issue, if not the same. I boot up, I can begin browsing or start a download, then the internet stalls immediately. I've tried installing IntelMausiEthernet to L/E, that made no visible change.

Looks like we both have an Intel I219-V NIC. So at least the problem is reproducible. Have you tried safe mode, or setting CsrActivateConfig to 0x67?

The kexts posted here specifically call out the I219-V as being supported, but clearly something is missing. Also, it seems like High Sierra has native support for this NIC, so it seems like a third-party kext shouldn't be needed.

I have not, but I will try this evening to see if that has any effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back