NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

I'm thinking about mounting a hackintosh in the next 2 months and I have some doubts:

1. Is it worth to buy and mount one now or should i wait for some new stuff? (im in the need of one now, since im starting to work on 3d)

2. Should I install Lion OS or Snow Leopard? (Im a long time mac user and Im more satisfied with Snow Leopard than Lion... but this is a question of compatibility and liability.

3. Does newegg.com post to Portugal?

I do apologize if these questions are already answered here in this forum! I still got much reading to do!

Thanks!

if you are on about lga1155, no new cpus will be released until Q2 2012, when ivy bridge will be released.
ivy will be backwards compatible with current 1155 boards, should you wish to upgrade.

snow leopard is fine.
there are only a few cases where lion is needed, eg. using the integrated hd3000 igp found on some lga1155 cpus. if you plan to use a graphics card, there is no difference

I will go with a graphics card! So there's no difference between lion or snow leopard!? nice!

What about os updates? I've read something about chimera... It's with it that I'll do them?

rizku said:
I will go with a graphics card! So there's no difference between lion or snow leopard!? nice!

What about os updates? I've read something about chimera... It's with it that I'll do them?

You download the updates straight from Apple's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back