Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using the iBoot + Multibeast guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html).

I noticed that in one of his previous guides, he lists a P55 boot CD. Is this no longer needed?

Also, will this be 64-bit? As in, will it run 64-bit apps and recognize my 4GB of RAM?

And lastly (for now), in his guide, he says to remove all other hard drives otherthan the one OS X will be installed on. What if I have a partitioned internal? One in NFS+, the other in FAT32 (with XP installed)?

Edit: Got another one already. At step 6, it says to insert OS X DVD. Well, I happen to have my install disc backed up to an external HDD. I assume this just won't do? I'll have to burn it to a disc or purchase another copy?

Also, iBoot Supported or iBoot nVidia? 

And, $30 "update" disc still work for full install?

uRabbit said:
I noticed that in one of his previous guides, he lists a P55 boot CD. Is this no longer needed?
Correct.

Also, will this be 64-bit? As in, will it run 64-bit apps and recognize my 4GB of RAM?
Yes. You can run it in 64-bit mode by installing the correct com.apple.Boot.plist from Multibeast.

And lastly (for now), in his guide, he says to remove all other hard drives otherthan the one OS X will be installed on. What if I have a partitioned internal? One in NFS+, the other in FAT32 (with XP installed)?
Disconnecting them will probably make it easier. And you really should install OSX clean on a disk if you can, if that's what you're asking.

Edit: Got another one already. At step 6, it says to insert OS X DVD. Well, I happen to have my install disc backed up to an external HDD. I assume this just won't do? I'll have to burn it to a disc or purchase another copy?

We will only tell you how to do it with a retail disk.

Burninator said:
uRabbit said:
Correct.

Yes. You can run it in 64-bit mode by installing the correct com.apple.Boot.plist from Multibeast.

[quote:doj1ox95]And lastly (for now), in his guide, he says to remove all other hard drives otherthan the one OS X will be installed on. What if I have a partitioned internal? One in NFS+, the other in FAT32 (with XP installed)?
Disconnecting them will probably make it easier. And you really should install OSX clean on a disk if you can, if that's what you're asking.

We will only tell you how to do it with a retail disk.[/quote:doj1ox95]

Awesome! Well, I'm super excited! I don't blame you guys for disassociating yourselves with non-retail versions. I'll just buy another one. The $30 one, unfortunately. Wish I had enough for the box set. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back