Contribute
Register

Some questions about setting up Win7 64 Bit and Mac OS on a new computer, using the dual boot thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, im brand new to installing multiple OS. Ive got some questions you may have an answer to.

First of all, ive just ordered a new computer wich will arrive on friday. On this computer I want to install OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 7 64Bit.
Some people told me Mac OS is not valid to some hardware. It would be great if some of you tell me if my hardware is valid to Mac OS:

• 1000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit
  • 120GB Samsung 840 Evo Series 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s MLC Toggle (MZ-7TE120BW)
  • Intel Core i5 4670K 4x 3.40GHz So.1150 BOX
  • 2048MB Inno3D GeForce GTX 770 HerculeZ X3 Ultra Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)
  • Asus Z87-A (C2) Intel Z87 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

My next question is about a video tutorial I saw on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDBD7i3bG9M

In this video there is a talk of a 8GB flash drive wish will install Mac OS on the PC. Does the stick has to have any special
features? Like only being USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? Because if not I would just buy the 16 GB ADATA Superior Series S102 Pro USB 3.0 stick for it.

My next question is about the partitions. Where would you place Win7 and Mac OS? Both on the SSD? Or something like Win on SSD and Mac OS on the HDD? If its like the last option will I be able to have access to the HDD with Mac OS on it?

Hey guys, im brand new to installing multiple OS. Ive got some questions you may have an answer to.

First of all, ive just ordered a new computer wich will arrive on friday. On this computer I want to install OS X Mountain Lion and Windows 7 64Bit.
Some people told me Mac OS is not valid to some hardware. It would be great if some of you tell me if my hardware is valid to Mac OS:

• 1000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit
  • 120GB Samsung 840 Evo Series 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s MLC Toggle (MZ-7TE120BW)
  • Intel Core i5 4670K 4x 3.40GHz So.1150 BOX
  • 2048MB Inno3D GeForce GTX 770 HerculeZ X3 Ultra Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)
  • Asus Z87-A (C2) Intel Z87 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

Your computer is Haswell which is not 100% supported at the moment. You can get it running, but without power management (you must use NullCPUPowerManagement). It should get better with future releases of OS X from Apple.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/379-haswellhelper-enhanced-10-8-4-kernel-now-available.html

My next question is about a video tutorial I saw on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDBD7i3bG9M

In this video there is a talk of a 8GB flash drive wish will install Mac OS on the PC. Does the stick has to have any special
features? Like only being USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? Because if not I would just buy the 16 GB ADATA Superior Series S102 Pro USB 3.0 stick for it.

Although a USB3 stick may work (there is USB3 support in the latest Unibeast), it is best to use USB2.

My next question is about the partitions. Where would you place Win7 and Mac OS? Both on the SSD? Or something like Win on SSD and Mac OS on the HDD? If its like the last option will I be able to have access to the HDD with Mac OS on it?

Personal preference. If you want both to be fast, install both on SSD.

What do you mean by "access to the HDD with Mac OS on it"?

Another problem I currentl have is that Iam not able to Prepare a UniBeast USB flash drive because I dont own a Mac. Are there any prepackaged files to download including OS X Mountain Lion Application?

Another problem I currentl have is that Iam not able to Prepare a UniBeast USB flash drive because I dont own a Mac.

You have two options:
- borrow a Mac capable of running ML for a day from a friend/family (use it to create your Unibeast USB)
or
- purchase a Snow Leopard DVD from the Apple Store and install SL just enough to purchase/download ML from the Mac App Store

Obviously, the first option is much easier.

Are there any prepackaged files to download including OS X Mountain Lion Application?

No. That would be piracy/stealing.

HaswellHelper is a quick installer for MacMan's xnu-2050.24.15 kernel enhanced to allow Haswell CPUs to boot and run OS X 10.8.4 only.

Does this mean when I use HaswellHelper, I will not be able to use Win 7 as well?

HaswellHelper is a quick installer for MacMan's xnu-2050.24.15 kernel enhanced to allow Haswell CPUs to boot and run OS X 10.8.4 only.

Does this mean when I use HaswellHelper, I will not be able to use Win 7 as well?

No. HaswellHelper is applied within the OS X kernel only. Nothing to do with BIOS or Win7. Will have no effect on your capability to multi-boot.

Ive installed Mac OS on VM Virtual Box. After I erased my usb drive in disc utilities I started the isntallation of UniBeast. After one minute this thing appeared. After I restarted the VM this happens everytime when I insert my password to start mac os. So this is the picture of what it says when I insered my password to start mac os.

Ive installed Mac OS on VM Virtual Box. After I erased my usb drive in disc utilities I started the isntallation of UniBeast. After one minute this thing appeared. After I restarted the VM this happens everytime when I insert my password to start mac os. So this is the picture of what it says when I insered my password to start mac os.

VMs are not really supported here. This site is dedicated to running on real hardware. And is that Lion or ML? If Lion, where did you get Lion?

I bought it for 17,5 € in the Apple Store. My god I just want this stick >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back