Contribute
Register

Some problems with 10.11 (Unibeast 6 + Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA H97 D3H
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
GTX780Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system:
i5 3570K 4.2 OC
GTX780TI
12GB RAM 1600Mhz
SSD

1. When i open "about this mac" i see that my CPU clocked to 3.4 (again, on bios it's 4.2), and my memory to 1333.

2. FaceTime & iMessage are not working (FaceTime worked well in 10.10).

3. how can i change clover boot theme?

So how can i fix those?
This is my first time using clover so i don't know how to use it or change things. Should i do something on the boot menu?

Thank you!

My "About This Mac" shows some bogus info (i3/i7 appear as i5), but it is only cosmetic. You can use Intel Power Gadget to confirm the speed your CPU is actually running at at any given moment. I'm not sure whether yours is also only cosmetic or not. I'm not familiar with running overclocked, but you might need an SSDT to define the proper turbo and power saving speeds?

You should be able to get FaceTime and iMessage working. You can use iMessageDebug v2 to check current SerialNumber, MLB, and ROM values. There are settings for all of those in Clover config.plist. Refer to the iMessage thread if you need more specifics.

Clover themes are installed under EFI/CLOVER/themes/ in a directory for each theme. You can install more when you install Clover (or there's a Website somewhere with more you can download) and delete directories for themes you don't want. It seems to install "embedded" and "random" by default, so you'll probably want to delete those if you have there one you like better.

My "About This Mac" shows some bogus info (i3/i7 appear as i5), but it is only cosmetic. You can use Intel Power Gadget to confirm the speed your CPU is actually running at at any given moment. I'm not sure whether yours is also only cosmetic or not. I'm not familiar with running overclocked, but you might need an SSDT to define the proper turbo and power saving speeds?

You should be able to get FaceTime and iMessage working. You can use iMessageDebug v2 to check current SerialNumber, MLB, and ROM values. There are settings for all of those in Clover config.plist. Refer to the iMessage thread if you need more specifics.

Clover themes are installed under EFI/CLOVER/themes/ in a directory for each theme. You can install more when you install Clover (or there's a Website somewhere with more you can download) and delete directories for themes you don't want. It seems to install "embedded" and "random" by default, so you'll probably want to delete those if you have there one you like better.

ok, one more thing. again this is my first time using clover so i'm kind of Jon Snow here (lol)
Should i do something whit those things? (by the way, in the past with multicast i used DSDT Free)

????? ??? 2015?.10?.03 ??.23.00.20.png????? ??? 2015?.10?.03 ??.23.00.24.png????? ??? 2015?.10?.03 ??.23.00.29.png

I haven't adjusted any options on those screens except for those mentioned below. Some people with some boards have mentioned using one or two of them, but I would want you to get any specifics from somebody with the same board who has it working well.

On the Boot screen: set the Default Boot Volume to the name of your system drive, if you want Clover to boot automatically instead of waiting indefinitely for your input. Then set the Timeout to the number of seconds it should wait before booting to that drive.

kext-dev-mode=1 should be checked if you are going to boot to Yosemite, but is irrelevant for El Capitan.

nv_disable=1 should be checked to install if you have an unsupported Nvidia GPU (though I think maybe the 780 is supported?)

For iMessage/Facetime: the "SMBIOS" screen (select it on the left) has your serial number and can generate one for you, given the correct input. The "Rt Variables" screen has the MLB and ROM, along with the BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig which are both mandatory for installing El Capitan.

There are other important settings on other screens, so ask if you have more specific questions.

I haven't adjusted any options on those screens except for those mentioned below. Some people with some boards have mentioned using one or two of them, but I would want you to get any specifics from somebody with the same board who has it working well.

On the Boot screen: set the Default Boot Volume to the name of your system drive, if you want Clover to boot automatically instead of waiting indefinitely for your input. Then set the Timeout to the number of seconds it should wait before booting to that drive.

kext-dev-mode=1 should be checked if you are going to boot to Yosemite, but is irrelevant for El Capitan.

nv_disable=1 should be checked to install if you have an unsupported Nvidia GPU (though I think maybe the 780 is supported?)

For iMessage/Facetime: the "SMBIOS" screen (select it on the left) has your serial number and can generate one for you, given the correct input. The "Rt Variables" screen has the MLB and ROM, along with the BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig which are both mandatory for installing El Capitan.

There are other important settings on other screens, so ask if you have more specific questions.

Ok, but i didn't understand how to fix FaceTime and iMessage

Ok, but i didn't understand how to fix FaceTime and iMessage

You need to set a plausible value for the Serial Number. If you know what system to use in your SMBIOS, then go to the SMBIOS screen, click the magic wand, select the system type, select the version from the drop-down, click the two "shake" buttons a bunch of times each to generate a serial number, and then close that window.

Then you need to set an MLB value on the RtVariables screen. You can, for instance, add 5 random digits to the end of your serial number if it's a 12-character serial number.

You also need to set a ROM value, but you can set it to UseMacAddr0 (I think there's a drop-down for that) and so long as you have functional Ethernet drivers it will generate the ROM value for you.

You should record each of those 3 values as you go.

After all that, save, reboot, and run iMessageDebug v2. Make sure the serial, MLB, and ROM show the values you saved above. If they do, then try iMessage and FaceTime again. (If they don't, make sure you're saving config.plist to the right place.)

There is much more detail (and the iMessageDebug download) in the Fix iMessage post.

You need to set a plausible value for the Serial Number. If you know what system to use in your SMBIOS, then go to the SMBIOS screen, click the magic wand, select the system type, select the version from the drop-down, click the two "shake" buttons a bunch of times each to generate a serial number, and then close that window.

Then you need to set an MLB value on the RtVariables screen. You can, for instance, add 5 random digits to the end of your serial number if it's a 12-character serial number.

You also need to set a ROM value, but you can set it to UseMacAddr0 (I think there's a drop-down for that) and so long as you have functional Ethernet drivers it will generate the ROM value for you.

You should record each of those 3 values as you go.

After all that, save, reboot, and run iMessageDebug v2. Make sure the serial, MLB, and ROM show the values you saved above. If they do, then try iMessage and FaceTime again. (If they don't, make sure you're saving config.plist to the right place.)

There is much more detail (and the iMessageDebug download) in the Fix iMessage post.
what do you mean if i now what system to use?
i'm using iMac 14.1. it is ok? should i set sorting els?

i5 3570k 4.2
gtx780ti
12gb 1600
sad
MSI A77Z

And for my MLB value i just need to write my serial number with 5 more letters?
If yes, should i add those numbers to my serial number in SMBIOS?
And on RtVariables when i press Calculate it shows me all my information. it also show MLB & ROM. so can't i write them on top? if i'll set on ROM UseMacAddr0 and on MLB i'll write the same as the information from the calculate will it be fine?
And can it cause any problems with my AppleID account?

OK, if you plan to use iMac14,1 that's fine. After the magic wand, pick the iMac picture and then select 14,1 from the drop-down.

The generated serial number should be 12 characters. Don't use Calculate on the RtVariables screen. MLB should be 17 characters, and the recommendation is that you use your serial number plus 5 digits at the end that you make up. ROM should be 12 unique hexadecimal digits, which conveniently is the same as the requirement for an Ethernet device to have a unique MAC address, so UseMacAddr0 just uses the same unique ID as your primary Ethernet device. You can make up something else if you really want.

Now if you want any more detail than that, please go read the Fix iMessage thread. Really.

OK, if you plan to use iMac14,1 that's fine. After the magic wand, pick the iMac picture and then select 14,1 from the drop-down.

The generated serial number should be 12 characters. Don't use Calculate on the RtVariables screen. MLB should be 17 characters, and the recommendation is that you use your serial number plus 5 digits at the end that you make up. ROM should be 12 unique hexadecimal digits, which conveniently is the same as the requirement for an Ethernet device to have a unique MAC address, so UseMacAddr0 just uses the same unique ID as your primary Ethernet device. You can make up something else if you really want.

Now if you want any more detail than that, please go read the Fix iMessage thread. Really.
Ok, and can it cause any problems with my Apple ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back