Intel HD4000/Nvidia GeForce GT 635M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi to all...
I'm new to this world, but i've successfully installed iOs Maverick on my Lenovo Z500. But my dream is to have a fully working system!!!
It boot fast and is stable, and after i'll have solved those things i'd like to post what kext i've installed and my Dsdt and Ssdt and my org.chameleon.boot.

my problem now are:

- Audio seems to be not working...and if i try to set the volume with the keys on the keyboard a symbol appears but it seems to be stucked
- Wifi is not working, but i've read that is a common problem due to this wifi card. It's not a problem if i'll buy an external usb wifi card, but if i can solve it is better
- Touchpad is working but sometimes it has some bug...one day i can't click, another day i can :crazy:

- I have switchable graphic cards but it seems that only the integrated graphic card is working (Intel Hd4000) but it show only 64mb of memory...i know that the nvidia is not supported but i'd like to make my integrated graphic card fully working
- Safari flicker a little but i think that it's linked with the problem of my graphic card
- The battery manager works but it seems that it drain the battery...i don't know if it show the real charge level or if is dummy
- The brightness control seems to be not working
- The card reader is not working (but i don't really need it)
- The dual boot is not working. If i enter in the bios and select UEFI i can boot windows fine, if i select Legacy Support i can boot Mavericks fine. My bootloader is Chimera but if i try to select windows partition it make a boot error and i must restart it.

i must install some other kext to fix the problem that i've found?

How can i install xcode on my laptop?

Thanks for the answer and i hope to help someone else to solve their problem...i post my configuration to help you to understand the problem:

Laptop Lenovo Z500
Cpu Intel Core i7 3632QM @ 2.20GHz - Ivy Bridge 22nm
Ram 6Gb Dual Channel DDR3 @ 798Mhz (11-11-11-28)
Audio Realtek High Definition Audio
Ethernet Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Wifi Broadcom 802.11
Hard Drive Seagate 500Gb Sata
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000/Nvidia GeForce GT 635M
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor 1366x768@60Hz

Keyboard Generic PS/2 (IDEA)
Touchpad Lenovo Pointing Device (ETD)

10815644_10204343249213403_1026677612_n.jpg

Hi to all...
I'm new to this world, but i've successfully installed iOs Maverick on my Lenovo Z500. But my dream is to have a fully working system!!!
It boot fast and is stable, and after i'll have solved those things i'd like to post what kext i've installed and my Dsdt and Ssdt and my org.chameleon.boot.

my problem now are:

- Audio seems to be not working...and if i try to set the volume with the keys on the keyboard a symbol appears but it seems to be stucked
- Wifi is not working, but i've read that is a common problem due to this wifi card. It's not a problem if i'll buy an external usb wifi card, but if i can solve it is better
- Touchpad is working but sometimes it has some bug...one day i can't click, another day i can :crazy:

- I have switchable graphic cards but it seems that only the integrated graphic card is working (Intel Hd4000) but it show only 64mb of memory...i know that the nvidia is not supported but i'd like to make my integrated graphic card fully working
- Safari flicker a little but i think that it's linked with the problem of my graphic card
- The battery manager works but it seems that it drain the battery...i don't know if it show the real charge level or if is dummy
- The brightness control seems to be not working
- The card reader is not working (but i don't really need it)
- The dual boot is not working. If i enter in the bios and select UEFI i can boot windows fine, if i select Legacy Support i can boot Mavericks fine. My bootloader is Chimera but if i try to select windows partition it make a boot error and i must restart it.

i must install some other kext to fix the problem that i've found?

How can i install xcode on my laptop?

Thanks for the answer and i hope to help someone else to solve their problem...i post my configuration to help you to understand the problem:

Laptop Lenovo Z500
Cpu Intel Core i7 3632QM @ 2.20GHz - Ivy Bridge 22nm
Ram 6Gb Dual Channel DDR3 @ 798Mhz (11-11-11-28)
Audio Realtek High Definition Audio
Ethernet Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Wifi Broadcom 802.11
Hard Drive Seagate 500Gb Sata
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000/Nvidia GeForce GT 635M
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor 1366x768@60Hz

Keyboard Generic PS/2 (IDEA)
Touchpad Lenovo Pointing Device (ETD)

View attachment 115798

Power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-other-laptops.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

For graphics card issues, inject the correct ig-platform-id. Use nv_disable=1 to keep nvidia drivers from interfering.

As for dual boot, Chimera cannot boot Windows UEFI. You would need to use Clover for that.

thank you very much i'll try and after i'll let you know if i've issues with this ;)

I've try the solution for the backlight, i've patched my ssdt and dsdt, and after i've installed the acpibacklight that you say. Now i can see the slider in "monitor" page but it's not working. I've tried to set the brightness with the key on the keyboard but only the decrease button have worked and now i cannot increase it...i've seen that it doesn't show "the sun" indicator when i try to set the brightness...what can be the problem? What i can do?

in system/library/extensions i have also applebacklight.kext and applebacklightexpert.kext...can be this the problem?

I've try the solution for the backlight, i've patched my ssdt and dsdt, and after i've installed the acpibacklight that you say. Now i can see the slider in "monitor" page but it's not working. I've tried to set the brightness with the key on the keyboard but only the decrease button have worked and now i cannot increase it...i've seen that it doesn't show "the sun" indicator when i try to set the brightness...what can be the problem? What i can do?

in system/library/extensions i have also applebacklight.kext and applebacklightexpert.kext...can be this the problem?

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

These are my attachment...thanks

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Mac Pro di Federico.ioreg
    2.3 MB · Views: 235
These are my attachment...thanks

Remove ACPIBacklight.kext, rebuild cache, reboot. Sleep the display, then wake it. Check if slider works.

If it is working, then that indicates that your DSDT is out-of-sync with the native DSDT. Re-extract/re-patch native DSDT, then test with ACPIBacklight.kext again.

If it doesn't work, then it indicates your laptop does not use the IGPU PWM backlight controls. In that case try using "Brightness Fix" with ACPIBacklight.kext.

i've try to erase acpibacklight.kext, rebuild cache, reboot, sleep monitor and check the slider, but is not working. Now what i might do? i must apply the "brightness fix" again and reinstall acpibacklight.kext again? thanks :)

i've try to erase acpibacklight.kext, rebuild cache, reboot, sleep monitor and check the slider, but is not working. Now what i might do? i must apply the "brightness fix" again and reinstall acpibacklight.kext again? thanks :)

It means your laptop does not use the Intel IGPU PMW backlight registers for the backlight.

Try "Brightness Fix" (not "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)") with ACPIBacklight.kext. This will cause it to use your native methods.

Also, if your laptop has good Win8 support (100 backlight levels or more), you can try "Brightness Fix (ACPI 100)".

I've tried the patch ACPI100 because my laptop is born for windows 8, and i've reinstalled AcpiBacklight.kext. now the slider is working, but the keys on the keyboard aren't working...i've installed the kext from Emlidinesh because i've Elan Touchpad, and i've seen that it take also care of the keyboard...i don't know if there are other key combination to set the brightness from the keyboard...but my key aren't working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back