Contribute
Register

Some Installation Guides Accidentally Deleted- Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In the past week, we've done a lot of tidying up to make sure everything's in the proper section here. Whew!

As a result, our chief moderator ModBot got his wires crossed or overheated or something and started deleting instead of moving guides to the proper sections.

Apologies for some good system-specific guides that were lost. We didn't mean it! :D :thumbup:

Please note the following rule in the Installation Guides section:

PLEASE NOTE: System Specific Guides Based on iBoot + MultiBeast only- Please Post any General Questions in the Installation Support forum.

Our goal is to make sure that this forum is clear and concise and that new users don't get confused with multiple methods of installation. Therefore, iBoot + MultiBeast methods only. For Sandy Bridge systems that currently require special workarounds other than our provided software, please use the Sandy Bridge forum.

As always anything Laptop oriented goes in the Laptop forum.

we all have our new world order moments. I would really like your method to work perfectly with the asus sandy bridge series but the fact is is the other method for now is just better. So when are your official asus p8p67 DSDT's going to be up?

axedye said:
we all have our new world order moments. I would really like your method to work perfectly with the asus sandy bridge series but the fact is is the other method for now is just better. So when are your official asus p8p67 DSDT's going to be up?

We've tested the latest iBoot with Asus Sandy Bridge- so it does work. Problem is people forget to to replace the kernel post-update. For now we use Bridgehelper, but very soon this will change, and everyone will be able to use the default kernel.

Cool. When will you guys have your approved DSDT's for the asus sandy bridge b3 boards. If I had the money I would just get a ud7, it was the only Gigabyte board that I truly liked. Hopefully their Ivy Bridge boards will have thunderbolt and less hardware problems. And it's not that I hate gigabyte because to be honest asus has terrible customer service, but the gigabyte mobo's are getting some bad reviews in the b3 series. I still haven't purchased, I have a core 2 quad ud3p and want a new recording rig.

I've considered the ud4 b3 but I'm unsure what a good pcie FireWire card to use... I'll make up my mind very soon

WonkeyDonkey said:
+1 for the Asus sandy bridge boards.

Would be great to have support for a further range of boards, particularly with the quality offered by Asus.

The issue is that Asus 1155 boards are a bit buggy as of now- they require additional tweaks to utilize Apple's powermanagement kext that are anything but noob-friendly. Therefore, for now we are recommending Gigabyte 1155 boards, as they work without any additional tweaks.

i have switched my purchase route to gigabyte but I am getting a z68x board, people seem to have more luck with them and they appear to be ok with the tonymacx86 community, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back