Graphics
Nvidia GTX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone having problems with youtube? When I change to resolution 720p it freezes, have to force quit safari.

I've tried quicktoflash and set to html5, but when I play youtube from windows it's 1000 times better, smoother, faster... Is there a known bug with safari and youtube?

My graphics is a GTX 570, everything works flawless except this (and some newer games like Skyrim)

[SOLVED: Install Safari 5.2] from here link removed :headbang:

Re: Youtube problems?

Judah said:

Hey man, that worked!

Just had to run Safari in 32 bit mode (right click on app - options - 32 bit) Dunno why, but works now with full res and fullscreen. I also did erase my Web Data within Safari preferences, just in case.

I forgot to say in the first topic that I previously visited many standard mac forums to solve this with no success at all, then I thought it could be a matter of a custom machine like mine, this is why I posted here.

Thanks very much, this problem was bothering me from three days ago.

My Safari still runs in 64-bit and Youtube works, even in 720p.

Only thing I can think of is we have different video cards.
youtube.png

Attachments

• youtube.png
    youtube.png
    413.8 KB · Views: 462
Well, Apple dump nVidia and picked AMD as their horse.

That should be a big hint to all users here on the forum on what video card they should get :)

I've upgraded to 10.7.3 and problems have come back, even switching it to 32 bits.

What I'm seeing is that there are videos that work perfect in 1080 and fullscreen, and there are other ones that give me problems changing to hd.

Now I'm testing the Safari extension ClicktoFlash and its html5 mode instead of Flash with seems to work, in spite of loosing flexibility.

I removed the download link - since Safari 5.2 has not been officially released yet we don't want links to download it from the forum. :shh:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php#f0r10

» 11. No Discussions of Unreleased Software or Developer Builds
Any discussion, mention or links to this software will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

adamsmasher said:
I removed the download link - since Safari 5.2 has not been officially released yet we don't want links to download it from the forum. :shh:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php#f0r10

» 11. No Discussions of Unreleased Software or Developer Builds
Any discussion, mention or links to this software will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

Ok Dokey :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back