Contribute
Register

[solved] Yosemite installed - black screen U430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite installed - black screen U430

FFS

"Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS."

That's what pops up when I click on "Windows can't be installed on drive 0 partition 2. (Show Details"

In that window I see:
Drive 0 Partition 1: EFI System
Drive 0 Partition 2: Yosemite Primary
Drive 0 Partition 3: Primary

FFS

"Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS."

That's what pops up when I click on "Windows can't be installed on drive 0 partition 2. (Show Details"

In that window I see:
Drive 0 Partition 1: EFI System
Drive 0 Partition 2: Yosemite Primary
Drive 0 Partition 3: Primary

You should be installing to "free space".

Free space isn't an option.

It is.

In Disk Utility, partition as two partitions, first HFS+J, second "free space".

There is a learning curve with this stuff.

Alright... back up to the Yosemite desktop. Haven't done DSDT yet. Attempting to install windows 8 first.

Created Win 8 usb installer with my Windows machine.
Created free space in disk utility.

I cannot install windows to free space - says:
"windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"

now what?

Alright... back up to the Yosemite desktop. Haven't done DSDT yet. Attempting to install windows 8 first.

Created Win 8 usb installer with my Windows machine.
Created free space in disk utility.

I cannot install windows to free space - says:
"windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"

now what?

In order to install Windows UEFI, you must boot the Windows installer in UEFI mode.

Thanks Rehabman. All working now. Updating Bios did the trick with regards to the DSDT patching errors.

Looking at upgrading the WiFi card but I want to be certain of something. In the guide you say: "At least some BCM94352HMB WiFi cards can work"

How can I be certain I get one that works? Does it come down to the brand name? Do Azurewave cards all have same device I'd?

Thanks Rehabman. All working now. Updating Bios did the trick with regards to the DSDT patching errors.

Looking at upgrading the WiFi card but I want to be certain of something. In the guide you say: "At least some BCM94352HMB WiFi cards can work"

How can I be certain I get one that works? Does it come down to the brand name? Do Azurewave cards all have same device I'd?

All BCM94352HMB WiFi cards have worked so far. Most are using Azurewave as these are readily available.

All BCM94352HMB WiFi cards have worked so far. Most are using Azurewave as these are readily available.

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. My wifi card arrived yesterday... very simple.. popped it in, and it worked!

Perfectly working macbook now. Works so much better than when it had windows on it.

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. My wifi card arrived yesterday... very simple.. popped it in, and it worked!

Perfectly working macbook now. Works so much better than when it had windows on it.

Thanks!

Super. I'll mark this solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back