Contribute
Register

[Solved] Yosemite 10.10.5 + Clover + GA-P55A-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @fallen00sniper, thanks for your contribute to the community.
I'm managing to get PCE-AC66 works on my Sierra 10.12.6 but I can't get rid off the crashes after installing Yosemite-10.10.5-Stock-IO80211Family. I changed CsrActiveConfig to 0x077, but I'm still facing kernel panics and OS automatic reboot. I managed to login once and successful joined a 5Ghz network, but just for a couple of seconds, then I entered in a reboot loop during the bootstrap. Do I miss something? I followed this guide and just installed the 10.10.5-Stock-IO80211 and the following RehabMan's kext:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext

The card is correctly detected:
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x854F)
Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.171.130.1a1)

But the wifi icon is still hollow and I can't enable it.

Many thanks to all for your time

Just noticed, remove the FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext.

It's not needed for this caed.

Just noticed, remove the FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext.
It's not needed for this caed.

Many thanks fallen00sniper!
It should also solve the boot loop?
By the way my build already comes with PCI-AC66, it was a coincidence to see that's compatible with Osx

Last edited:
By the way my build already comes with PCI-AC66, it was a coincidence to see that this is supposed to be compatible with Osx

It shouldn't bootloop in Yosemite, El Capitan should work fine without the Yosemite Kext, Sierra is not working properly at all.

Most of these are my notes and they get changed, but I have read the card is working fine in El Capitan.

The bootloop is because the kext is not compatible in some way with Sierra, sure the card works for a hour or 6 hours or even 3 days, but it will eventually panic and corrupt the system to the point it cannot be recovered without reinstalling.

I have found nothing that is working to get this card up with Sierra and I think I will tinker with it over time, but I have exhausted all resources as far as patching that I could find, best bet try El Capitan in it's stock form with the Clover patching in place.

That is what I am going to do in the mean time until I figure out my next wifi card, that I hope is way better off than this one was.

Edit:
I was able to get the web driver for 10.12.6 to install on 10.11.6, but there is more checking from nVidia to see if it is on a supported system and the driver won't enable... so probably not going to get that going since I have no idea where to begin looking for that file to alter and see if the driver works or not.

I suppose the next Fenvi FV-T919 I see selling cheap I will have to buy it and no one has left any input on their experience with the cards I listed in a poll, someone moved it to post installation, but I think it should be in Buying Advice.

Last edited:
By the way my build already comes with PCI-AC66, it was a coincidence to see that's compatible with Osx

This may interest you, I decided to replace my card.
Hopefully the adapter isn't junk.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/need-wireless-ac-advice.231416

Edit:
Adapter is good, card is good, wifi and bluetooth are happily working with no additional effort other than installing the card into the adapter, a few mods (zip tie and antenna swap) and into the 1x slot and usb header.

Last edited:
Uploading pictures of the wifi card, it's working very well with the replacement antennas and confirmed 100% working.

Had slack in the cables, used a rubber band just to keep them from moving around and out of the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20170918_154354.jpg
    IMG_20170918_154354.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20170918_154413.jpg
    IMG_20170918_154413.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back