Contribute
Register

[solved] WiFi does not turn on (Dell Inspiron 3421)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3421
CPU
i3-3227U / HM76
Graphics
HD 4000 / 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I followed the "WiFi Injection" section of Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth guide from @toleda. After rebooting I can see the WiFi status icon in the menu bar but I can't turn WiFi on. When I press "Turn Wi-Fi On" nothing happens, it remains off.
My WiFi card is: BCM94352HMB.

Attachments

• PR files.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
ACPI not patched correctly (no "OS Check Fix" patch applied).
OK, I applied the following patches to my DSDT.

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix" (all versions expect Windows 10, it wasn't needed)
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"HD4000 Low Resolution"
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"7-series/8-series USB"

The WiFi problem remains. But now the audio is working. It is ALC282 codec using AppleALC with layout-id 29. The audio wasn't working but I didn't post anything about it because it didn't concern me.

Also I have a new problem which is that the macOS starts on sleep mode, I have to press the ON button to wake the computer. Maybe I should start a new thread about this.

Attachments

• debug_1557 2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
OK, I applied the following patches to my DSDT.

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix" (all versions expect Windows 10, it wasn't needed)
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"HD4000 Low Resolution"
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"7-series/8-series USB"

The WiFi problem remains. But now the audio is working. It is ALC282 codec using AppleALC with layout-id 29. The audio wasn't working but I didn't post anything about it because it didn't concern me.

Also I have a new problem which is that the macOS starts on sleep mode, I have to press the ON button to wake the computer. Maybe I should start a new thread about this.

You have unpatched _OSI calls.
Look at your OSID method, for example.

Best to use OSID->XSID, _OSI->XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.aml in this scenario.

You have unpatched _OSI calls.
Look at your OSID method, for example.

Best to use OSID->XSID, _OSI->XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.aml in this scenario.
I enabled the OSID->XSID, _OSI->XOSI patches in config.plist. Placed SSDT-XOSI.aml from OS-X-USB-Inject-All project repo into ACPI/patched. Same result.

Don't know exactly how to add SSDT-XOSI to config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder, or if it is necessary because that entry is not even created in the config.plist.

The description says that the SSDT-XOSI file provided implements a simulation of "Windows 2009" (Windows 7). In your "10.11+ USB changes and solutions" guide, you mention that you can emulate other version of Windows by either commenting or uncommenting the Windows versions listed. Sorry but I don't know much of programming and I've tried to analyze the code, I know it's simple. If I'm not wrong I should remove the "//" preceding the Windows entry to activate it, but I see in the code that there are various entries without the "//", not just the "Windows 2009" (Windows 7) entry.

Attachments

• debug_31064.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
So I need to test all the windows entries one by one, and the one that works should let me turn on the WiFi?

Also you didn't answer if I should create a config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder entry an add SSDT-XOSI to it.

So I need to test all the windows entries one by one, and the one that works should let me turn on the WiFi?

You should read (the Microsoft document) at the link provided in SSDT-XOSI.dsl.
It has the answer to your question.

Also you didn't answer if I should create a config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder entry an add SSDT-XOSI to it.

General rule: No need for SortedOrder when using AutoMerge=true (assuming add-on SSDTs are not order dependent).

You should read (the Microsoft document) at the link provided in SSDT-XOSI.dsl.
It has the answer to your question.
Sorry @RehabMan, as I told you before I don't have much knowledge about programming. What I understood by reading the article is that the method is initially used to identify the host operating system. But the use cases could be extended.

Also It talks about the return value for each argument. Where can I see this return value?

In conclusion I couldn't find the answer to my question. Can you address me some more?

Sorry @RehabMan, as I told you before I don't have much knowledge about programming. What I understood by reading the article is that the method is initially used to identify the host operating system. But the use cases could be extended.

Also It talks about the return value for each argument. Where can I see this return value?

In conclusion I couldn't find the answer to my question. Can you address me some more?

If you read the documentation, you will find it states that for each "newer" Windows version supported, the _OSI method should return true for all versions prior to that.

So, if you uncomment "Windows 2015", you should also uncomment the ones before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back