Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Wifi and Ethernet 225-V not working on Z490I Aorus Ultra with fresh install of macOS Sonoma 14.1

Motherboard
Gigabyte B360N Wifi
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Plus
Hi Hackintoshers,
I just built a new hackintosh (my second one) with a Gigabyte Z490I Aorus Ultra and an i9-10900 (using the iGPU).

I followed the Dortania Guide step-by-step for the Comet-Lake build, with OpenCore 0.9.5.
The installation went smoothly and I can use Mac OS with no issues.

However, I have no internet connection, neither through the 2.5G ethernet (Intel I225-V) nor through Wifi.

The WiFi icon has an exclamation mark in the icon and the switch isn't clickable.
The ethernet card is not even detected (see attachments).

I followed the guide and did not include any kext for the ethernet, but just included the patch/boot-args needed for the latest macOS's:
For Intel's I225-V NICs, patches are mentioned in the desktop Comet Lake DeviceProperties section. No kext is required.

For the Wifi, I am actually a bit confused on what kext (between AirportItlwm, Itlwm) I should include and whether I should use Heliport or not.

Could you guys give me some tips to get at least either of the two working?

I am attaching the EFI folder I am using for your reference.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
Alex

Attachments

• 01_Ethernet_not_detected.png
    01_Ethernet_not_detected.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 02_WiFi.png
    02_WiFi.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 03_Hardware.png
    03_Hardware.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 04_WiFi_exclamation_mark.png
    04_WiFi_exclamation_mark.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 104
  • EFI_Folder_Content.png
    EFI_Folder_Content.png
    283 KB · Views: 113
  • EFI_Sonoma14.1_OC0.9.5_GigabyteZ490I_v1_no_internet.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 116
Update: I added the AppleIGC.kext and now the Ethernet works!

Will do more research for the WiFi, but suggestions are still welcome. :)

Update: I added the AppleIGC.kext and now the Ethernet works!

Will do more research for the WiFi, but suggestions are still welcome. :)
There are two method. One is enabling AppleVTD and the other is using AppleIGC.kext. WiFi should work with the AirportItlwm.kext compiled for Sonoma. It has bugs though.

There are two method. One is enabling AppleVTD and the other is using AppleIGC.kext. WiFi should work with the AirportItlwm.kext compiled for Sonoma. It has bugs though.

Thank you for your reply, medianjoe!

I actually had VT-d disabled in my motherboard BIOS, I didn't realize it.
However, even if I enable it, it still requires the AppleIGC.kext to be included - Ethernet is not seen without it, despite all the bootargs enabled.

As for the WiFi, I added AirportItlwm.kext v2.3.0-alpha compiled for Sonoma, and now the WiFi works like a charm!
I am attaching the speed tests I did with both connections, and results are pretty much identical.

So, thank you so much for the tips! :thumbup:

What an awesome community TonyMacx86 is! :headbang:

Cheers,
Alessandro

Attachments

• Speed_Test_WiFi.png
    Speed_Test_WiFi.png
    303 KB · Views: 61
  • Speed_Test_Ethernet.png
    Speed_Test_Ethernet.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 61
I have the Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Ultra. Have been running Ventura with everything working; ethernet, WiFi, AirDrop, BT). WiFi works with a Fenvi BCM94360CD wireless adapter. Switched to Sonoma (updated all the necessary kexts) and WiFi no longer works.

I put AirportItlwm.kext 2.3.0 into my Kext folder with the appropriate reference to it in the config.sys file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportItlwm.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Required to get WiFi</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ted

I have the Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Ultra. Have been running Ventura with everything working; ethernet, WiFi, AirDrop, BT). WiFi works with a Fenvi BCM94360CD wireless adapter. Switched to Sonoma (updated all the necessary kexts) and WiFi no longer works.

I put AirportItlwm.kext 2.3.0 into my Kext folder with the appropriate reference to it in the config.sys file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportItlwm.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Required to get WiFi</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ted

Hi Ted, maybe a trivial question: did you make sure to use the version of AirportItlwm.kext 2.3.0 compiled for Sonoma?

Hi Ted, maybe a trivial question: did you make sure to use the version of AirportItlwm.kext 2.3.0 compiled for Sonoma?
Looks like I didn't. I checked my file against the one downloaded from the link you provided. Although they are the same versions (2.3.0) the info.plist and executable are different.

I'll try the file out and get back.

Thanks

Ted

No. AirportItlwm.kext 2.3.0 compiled for Sonoma did not work to activate my WiFi.

Ted
If you have the Fenvi BCM94360CD, you will need the OCLP Patch to make WiFi work on Sonoma. AirportItlwm.kext will not make it work.

If you have the Fenvi BCM94360CD, you will need the OCLP Patch to make WiFi work on Sonoma. AirportItlwm.kext will not make it work.
That is my card. Thanks will try as suggested.

Ted

Back