Graphics
geforce 560x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks I'm having difficulties with booting from the unibeast 10.7.4 usb method.

My specs are

GA-Z68XP-UD4
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
Sapphire Radeon 5770

These are compatible parts I have no idea why I am stuck at the "Still waiting for root device" error.

I have bios all correct. I am using a usb 2.0 port, and I have use most of the notable start commands!

Help!

Re: Whats wrong with this build?

Do you have any peripherals plugged in? Using the correct SATA ports? Tried different USB ports on the back of the motherboard?

AHCI Mode?

Vendetta said:
Do you have any peripherals plugged in? Using the correct SATA ports? Tried different USB ports on the back of the motherboard?

Thanks for the tips vendetta. The only things I have plugged in are my kb/mouse and sound.

The motherboard has 8usb and there are 2 on the case. I have switched to quite a few and saw no noticable differences in verbose mode on both usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

Can you advice on which sata port would be best? I will try to switch between a few and report back in the mean time. Thank you.

I am also curious to see the experience that people are having with my graphics card. During one of the boots I had what seems like a sucessful apple screen load. But then the computer screen is left blank with the cpu fans still on. This indicates to me that the grpahics card may be an issue?

Do have another video card to try? If your monitor has a HDMI connector try on board video...

clarencews said:
Vendetta said:

Thanks for the tips vendetta. The only things I have plugged in are my kb/mouse and sound.

The motherboard has 8usb and there are 2 on the case. I have switched to quite a few and saw no noticable differences in verbose mode on both usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

Can you advice on which sata port would be best? I will try to switch between a few and report back in the mean time. Thank you.

I am also curious to see the experience that people are having with my graphics card. During one of the boots I had what seems like a sucessful apple screen load. But then the computer screen is left blank with the cpu fans still on. This indicates to me that the grpahics card may be an issue?
On the graphic situation. What monitor(s) are you using. When I started my Hackintosh and added the apple 30" display, I found the only way to get an active screen using the DVI port was to unplug and plug the video cable back in with power on.
You are using which guide for your unibeast install? :thumbup:

JohnnyMac2001 said:
clarencews said:
Vendetta said:

On the graphic situation. What monitor(s) are you using. When I started my Hackintosh and added the apple 30" display, I found the only way to get an active screen using the DVI port was to unplug and plug the video cable back in with power on.
You are using which guide for your unibeast install? :thumbup:

Johnny! Your suggestion was right on the money. I was connecting my computer to a HDMI TV/monitor hybrid. I guess it is best to use the DVI!

This is a good thing to remember for people using the Sapphire 5770
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back