Contribute
Register

Solved: Web Driver not responding. Can only boot with nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it. Booted to desktop, a bit faster than usual, but nothing notable has changed. Verbose mode gave me this. The last line before it cut out says

fInterfaceSnapshots is missing.

But the lines that stuck out to me are the ones in the attached file.

El Capitan/ only shows 4 folders.
Applications
EFI-Backups
Library
Users
That looks like a problem with the web drivers.
Boot with nv_disable=1 and update the web drivers through the Nvidia preference pane in System Preferences.

That looks like a problem with the web drivers.
Boot with nv_disable=1 and update the web drivers through the Nvidia preference pane in System Preferences.

Just ran through this process. Nothing new. I've done this solution before with same results. Even downloaded a fresh install file and uninstalled the one I already had. Still boots, but maybe there's something in there that's readable that I'm not knowledgable enough to understand.

I can read that the power management may be incomplete or incompatible. Could this be a CPU issue?

And I want to thank you for your patience and helpfulness on this. Tried to do this without bothering anyone but I can see the benefits of having allies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 11.50.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 11.50.07 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
can read that the power management may be incomplete or incompatible. Could this be a CPU issue.
That is normal - Disregard.

It looks like you have an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings as it can interfere with graphics.

SuperIO.png

That is normal - Disregard.

It looks like you have an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings as it can interfere with graphics.

View attachment 293028

Strange. I've made sure to keep that disabled. Is there another way to keep it from enabling in the config?

Attachments

• IMG_5088.JPG
    IMG_5088.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
Strange. I've made sure to keep that disabled. Is there another way to keep it from enabling in the config?
If you have disabled the Serial port then the one showing on your screenshot is probably from a TPM module and can be ignored.

The problem still seems to be the web drivers.
No further ideas.

If you have disabled the Serial port then the one showing on your screenshot is probably from a TPM module and can be ignored.

The problem still seems to be the web drivers.
No further ideas.

uhm.. Alright. The google search continues. Thank you for all of your help. I'll keep this thread posted if I find anything that works.

uhm.. Alright. The google search continues. Thank you for all of your help. I'll keep this thread posted if I find anything that works.

I noticed that the last posted config.plist had clover settings Web Drivers enabled and also a boot arg. NVDRV=1. Maybe drop the boot Arg.

Do you have working internet connection during boot?

Try this?
config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 249
I noticed that the last posted config.plist had clover settings Web Drivers enabled and also a boot arg. NVDRV=1. Maybe drop the boot Arg.

Do you have working internet connection during boot?

Try this?
config.plist

Thanks for the tip but neither suggestion worked. Deleted the Bootflag, no difference. switched out the config file, went into a reboot loop. Not even much of a verbose readout. Stopped after ++++++++++++++

I do have an internet connection working, BUT it's only wifi. So I took my tower and moved it to the nearest ethernet chord. Plugged it in, installed the drivers, and still nothing. Great idea though!

I keep seeing nvidia Kext failed to load. Is there something there? I've googled a bit and haven't found much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 3.13.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 3.13.19 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
Here's something. Looking in the extensions, nvidia seems to not be loading. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 6.39.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 6.39.15 PM.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 69
Here's something. Looking in the extensions, nvidia seems to not be loading. Thoughts?

Do you have EFI backups folder on main partition? If you do remove the EFI folder(s) and try again. Sometimes if there is a separate config.plist there that is different from the one your trying to boot from it will block any settings your trying to use.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 6.13.14 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back