Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6850
Hey

My USB 3.0 external hard drive is not being detected by Lion, it doesn't matter which ports I plug it into, none of the usb ports works with this device (usb 2.0 / 3.0). When I plug in a regular WD external 2.0 hard drive that drive is automatically being detected / mounted by Lion in all of my usb ports (2.0 / 3.0).

I have the NEC kext running and I've tried installing it multiple times, rebooting etc...

My WD 3.0 drive works fine in both linux and windows so the issue is probably with LION, I also tried installing the MAC firmware updates from the WD website but since the drive is not being detected, they cannot be installed.

(note that all other usb devices 2.0 works fine)

This seems to be a common issue after searching the forums and google and doing tons of research, for some the NEC kext in MB works fine, but for me it doesn't ... even tho the system is detecting the super speed bus and my 2.0 drives works when plugged in to it.

any ideas ?

[SOLVED] WD My Book Essential (USB 3.0) not detected in LIO

well now it seems like I got it working!! What I had to do was to connect the WD My Book 3.0 drive into a linux machine, format it to HFS+ and then boot up LION and connect it, now it's being detected and works fine!!

Re: [ERROR]WD My Book Essential (USB 3.0) not detected in LION

well ..actually it's unstable and disconnects while doing transfers !!! anybody else experiencing this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back