Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, mates!

Just successfully installed 10.6.3. 100% win, but got some minor problems. One of them.. < Specs Audio > VIA VT1828S
At 10.6.0 USB soundcard (SB X-Fi) worked well. Then patched with 10.6.3 Combo + Multibeast (P7P55D LE DSDT, VoodooHDA 2.1+). It doesn't work now, checked all USB ports, lurked all days long... And one more ultraminor thing — Built-in Audio (at About This Mac) is empty.. "No Built-in Audio."

Please, /r/eally /r/equest help! :)

Re: VoodooHD, Me and USB SB X-Fi

Oolah said:
Hi, mates!

Just successfully installed 10.6.3. 100% win, but got some minor problems. One of them.. < Specs Audio > VIA VT1828S
At 10.6.0 USB soundcard (SB X-Fi) worked well. Then patched with 10.6.3 Combo + Multibeast (P7P55D LE DSDT, VoodooHDA 2.1+). It doesn't work now, checked all USB ports, lurked all days long... And one more ultraminor thing — Built-in Audio (at About This Mac) is empty.. "No Built-in Audio."

Please, /r/eally /r/equest help! :)

Have you installed the official Mac drivers for the SoundBlaster X-Fi? Most USB/Firewire audio solutions have drivers available through the support section of the site. These are safe for hackintoshes and required to use the software. If you updated, the software might need to be reinstalled.

Or, it's not recognizing it in 64bit mode. Try booting by typing arch=i386 at the Chameleon prompt. A ton of drivers aren't 64bit compatible yet.

Re: VoodooHD, Me and USB SB X-Fi

Damn, really fast reply. Impressed! Thanks.

About a problem.
As far as I know SB X-Fi works out of box with any Windows/OS X computer that have USB. Tested at my old poor iMac 24 (logic board cracked) and a couple of Win machines.
Dunno why it doesn't works with VoodooHD, when there was 10.6.0 without Voodoo X-Fi worked great. It's minor thing, but I can't stop thinking about it.

If you're already here, Tony.. :wave:
Got 2 minor problems with boot and memory.
  • DDR3 1333 Mhz detects as DDR2 667 Mhz, with my hardware setup I installed iMac 1.11 from Multibeast with DSTD of my mobo. And 64-bit mode doesn't turn on even with force64
  • Boot. I can boot only from iBoot CD. Tried Chameleon RC4 and second option (forgot name) from Multibeast.

Many many thanks to Tony and guys of your titanic work. My iMac burned down at monday afternoon, damn, that was sad. I bought some hardware and I got Mac again. Gonna buy Mac Pro as Christmas present to myself, but now ... 3 minor bugs.

Solved by deleting Extra folder and not installing IOUSBblabla.kext.
Boot problem still annoys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back