ati radeon gts 450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!
from some reason i can't manage to install this video card on may Lion 10.7.4.
i think i read all topics about this issue and can't figure out what i have to do to solve this.

on the first installation i used MultiBeast, i checked few thing there without knowing what is doing what and like magic worked. From some reason i had to reinstall Lion and now i can't figure out what i did the first time in order to make GTS450 to work.

can anyone pls help me with this

best regards

Re: video GTS450 help anyone?

start with
latest chimera

graphicsenabler=yes
pcirootid=1
u might need tonymacs nvidia update...i used the one on nvidia site(works)
the quadro mac drivers work with fermi based cards....

dragos_2p said:
Hello!
from some reason i can't manage to install this video card on may Lion 10.7.4.
i think i read all topics about this issue and can't figure out what i have to do to solve this.
Try MultiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Graphics/Nvidia Fermi 4xx/5xx Support/10.7.2+ Combo OpenCL Enabler and Customization/Boot Options/64 bit Apple Screen.

dddirtman said:
start with
latest chimera

graphicsenabler=yes
pcirootid=1
u might need tonymacs nvidia update...i used the one on nvidia site(works)
the quadro mac drivers work with fermi based cards....

tks for your reply,
tonymacs nvidia update is not available for download anymore from tonymacx86.com, can you pls tell me where did you found the one from nvidia site?

i think i have the latest chimere from Multibeast, those commands i have to run right before booting in Lion or ...

toleda said:
Try MultiBeast/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Graphics/Nvidia Fermi 4xx/5xx Support/10.7.2+ Combo OpenCL Enabler and Customization/Boot Options/64 bit Apple Screen.

Hello toleda,
i already installed 10.7.2+ Combo OpenCL Enabler but without 64 bit Apple Screen. I will try then update the post.

i managed to install the driver for nvidia gts 450 and for the moment everything is working fine, except for few crashes every now and then, not sure what is the issue.

i installed 10.7.2+ Combo OpenCL Enabler and 32 bit Apple Screen right after unibeast installation. the 64 option didn't do the trick.

thank you all for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back