2. Color Classic
  3. Portable
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
I successfully installed Ventura on my upgraded PowerHack G5 a few days ago. I still have some tweaks to do, but for the most parts it works ok. Now I moved my Windows install to a bigger SSD, and I want to reinstall Ventura on a bigger SSD too.

My installer USB stick with OpenCore 0.9.4 boots fine until the Apple logo and progress bar, and then gets stuck on a grey screen with a working mouse pointer when the installer GUI should appear. That same USB stick boots Ventura on my SSD just fine. And if I try to boot on the installer with my internal OpenCore install, it gets stuck at the same grey screen.

Does anybody have a clue what's going on?

I googled around and found issues related to prev-lang:kbd being defined with Big Sur Beta (mine is left blank), and issues related to missing dGPU drivers.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.5 KB · Views: 36
Hi there,
I successfully installed Ventura on my upgraded PowerHack G5 a few days ago. I still have some tweaks to do, but for the most parts it works ok. Now I moved my Windows install to a bigger SSD, and I want to reinstall Ventura on a bigger SSD too.

My installer USB stick with OpenCore 0.9.4 boots fine until the Apple logo and progress bar, and then gets stuck on a grey screen with a working mouse pointer when the installer GUI should appear. That same USB stick boots Ventura on my SSD just fine. And if I try to boot on the installer with my internal OpenCore install, it gets stuck at the same grey screen.

Does anybody have a clue what's going on?

I googled around and found issues related to prev-lang:kbd being defined with Big Sur Beta (mine is left blank), and issues related to missing dGPU drivers.
I had huge issues because I didn't fill out the correct info prev-lang:kbd on one of my hacks, suggest you fill yours out correctly :)

also, do you have multiple monitors? if so make sure they are all one :) had similar issues as I only had 2 of my 3 monitors on and the gui happened to appear on my monitor that was turned off :)

Thanks for your answer!
I had huge issues because I didn't fill out the correct info prev-lang:kbd on one of my hacks, suggest you fill yours out correctly :)
I have tried with the value 12 in hex for swiss-french and also with the string en-US:0, but still the grey screen…

I only have one 4K monitor. I also tried with the old 1080p monitor I was using when I succeeded a few days ago, but it didn't change anything…

Thanks for your answer!

I have tried with the value 12 in hex for swiss-french and also with the string en-US:0, but still the grey screen…

I only have one 4K monitor. I also tried with the old 1080p monitor I was using when I succeeded a few days ago, but it didn't change anything…
don't forget to reset nvram when you make any changes

also worth giving this a go to create all your own aml files:

also you may need to have
SDT-USBW.aml
SSDT-DMAC.aml
SSDT-DTPG.aml

don't forget to reset nvram when you make any changes
Well… So obvious in retrospect. Feeling a bit ashamed, but sure enough my installer was just fine from the beginning… So for posterity, at least on Ventura and with my configuration, prev-lang:kbd can be left blank. But changes to config.plist need an NVRAM reset. Thank you so much!

Back