Contribute
Register

<solved> Userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in xx seconds

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

i,ve recently upgraded to what will probably be my last Hackintosh ( :( ) Everything is up and running smoothly except for these issues:

Loading into macOS can fail randomly (id say about 4 out of 5 times on average, sometimes it boots first try, sometimes it takes like 10) resulting in a black screen after entering my password. If I let it sit for around 2 mins it will restart and will boot to the login screen again.

I am suspecting my graphics card already, and it might also have something to do with my dual monitor setup. Sometimes macOS “forgets“ my display settings after a boot, and starts mirroring both monitors until i log in. After that it reverts to my settings.

In Windows the card works just fine, i let it run for hours on 3DMark yesterday while I was away.

I’ve had this card for some time now, and it was working just fine in Big Sur 11.0.1. (Although in my old z370 build). The issue started happening as soon as i upgraded to 13.2. I even had a different Mainboard before (I switched from z590 to z490 because of some IGPU bs) and nothing changed.

I’d appreciate it if someone could help me on this, as i really don’t know what else to do because i couldn’t find anything related to my problem specifically.

I’m attaching a crash report from console app and my efi.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 71
Can be marked as solved. Apparently Ventura doesn’t like variable framerates in a dual monitor setup, at least not for me. Both displays are fixed at 60Hz and now the issue is gone!

Was your fix to adjust the settings on your monitor to 60Hz? or a setting in config.plist?

Can be marked as solved. Apparently Ventura doesn’t like variable framerates in a dual monitor setup, at least not for me. Both displays are fixed at 60Hz and now the issue is gone!

Wow! I cannot believe this was my issue as well. I have been getting non stop "watchdogd" kernel panics mostly when working in Davinci Resolve. Changing from variable to static "refresh rate" in the display settings have fixed it... fingers crossed...

1687751271863.png

Back