Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750ti
I originally built my system in Sept 2011 and it had been working flawlessly (DSDT, Lion 10.7.3, Graphics, Sound), albit a little bloated with all the crap I installed. So, I tried to do a fresh install and I now am at a loss.

I keep getting kernel panics after I run Multibeast from my first USB boot. The only thing I am selecting is UserDSDT and am placing the .aml file on my desktop. I remove the usb drive and reboot- boom! Kernel Panic. Doing -v, the last line is macx_swapon SUCCESS

I removed my gfx card and am now running off the HD3000 thinking maybe it was my gtx 460 but no go. I also have a 2nd hard drive with windows/backup files, could this be causing it?

The funny thing is that I am almost positive that I followed this exact procedure when I did my last install... Any ideas? They would be greatly appreciated!

My hardware is:
Ga-h67m-d2-b3 1.1 f4
i3-2105
8GB Ram
64GB Kingston SSDNow

Re: UserDSDT Kills my install

Hey vogelboy,
If the only thing you selected in Multibeast is UserDSDT you are likely missing some key kexts. Take a look at this thread to see what tonymac used with this same board as a minihack. There's a good image of the Multibeast selections used to get the board up and running.

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412

Also, might consider updating your BIOS to current version - f7 I think. http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BI ... -b3_f7.exe

You'll need to update the DSDT to match this new BIOS as well. Should be able to pull that from the DSDT DB in the download center.

The board your using is pretty popular with the community here. Should be able to get it up and running with these settings.

Hope this helps,

Re: UserDSDT Kills my install

My motherboard is slightly different... I have the H67M-d2-b3, not the h67n-usb3-b3. I did indeed download the DSDT that matches with my motherboard and my bios revision.

I started out by selecting all of the kext options that I had previously had installed on my system. When I got a kernel panic, I started trying new installs while selecting less and less options, hoping that I would find the one that was causing the panic. In the end, I got all the way down to the UserDSDT being the only thing selected and it is still giving the exact same kernel panic. :/

Got it fixed!

I updated my BIOS to f5 and then used the f5 DSDT and it worked flawlessly. I did the EXACT same steps.

Is there a chance that the f4 DSDT for the h67m-d2-b3 in the database is corrupted? It seems as though the file might have been bad. (I downloaded it multiple times on different computers so I know the copy I was using was in fact the one in the database)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back