Contribute
Register

[solved] USB Power SSDT XHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
0x0889 is less than 0x0898.
Think about what you're trying to do for a moment.

I've tested 2 boards with the i7 4790 chip. Turns out it's the CPU that has the issue. Not sure what to do now as I bought that last year and not got none left in stock.

0x898 is what Clover uses for HighCurrent.
You might experiment with larger values...

So heres something interesting mate. I switched boards. USB Power doesn't with with both boards when using the i7 4790 but when I'm using a i3 4360 USB Power works perfectly fine. Would you have any ideas on what this could be?

So heres something interesting mate. I switched boards. USB Power doesn't with with both boards when using the i7 4790 but when I'm using a i3 4360 USB Power works perfectly fine. Would you have any ideas on what this could be?

No idea. Keep in mind switching CPUs would require different PM SSDT (ssdtPRgen.sh).

No idea. Keep in mind switching CPUs would require different PM SSDT (ssdtPRgen.sh).

Yeah I've got 2 different drives for 2 of the motherboards. But USB Powers works fine with the i3 4360 but not with the 4790. Could the CPU be defective?

Yeah I've got 2 different drives for 2 of the motherboards. But USB Powers works fine with the i3 4360 but not with the 4790. Could the CPU be defective?

I would not think USB would be related to the CPU. More likely ACPI/macOS configuration.

So what would you recommend doing?

You should double check your USB setup and experiment with different (likely larger) values for the USB power properties.

But you know what? The iPad comes with a wall charger!

You should double check your USB setup and experiment with different (likely larger) values for the USB power properties.

But you know what? The iPad comes with a wall charger!

Ill have a look at that. Both configs are the same on both machines same with the patches. Ill try increasing larger values and see what happens. What i don't get is how a different CPU can give you charging with one and no charging with the other.

What i don't get is how a different CPU can give you charging with one and no charging with the other.

From what you said, you were changing more than the CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back