CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have Sabrent Bluetooth 4.0 bought from Fry's, at the Mojave this BT available, but not working (red dot) how can I enable it?

I still don't see anyone claiming that this BT device works. There is a discussion about adding a compatible model from the Buyers guide...

I still don't see anyone claiming that this BT device works. There is a discussion about adding a compatible model from the Buyers guide...
First, the post is marked as solved. Sure, it could be "solved, it doesnt work", but then there is that quote i left where they say that that device wasnt working but that they did something and restarted, and it worked. Also, it is known that this BT works in Mac. If you go to the amazon reviews, people say it works on mac. The only question is whether it works in Mojave. If it doesnt, couldnt it then be made to work since it worked before? Either by a patch edit, or by using a working kext from 10.13.6?

There is a difference between "showing up" and actually having full working functionality. Some of the new Intel Wifi and BT on Z390 boards is showing up, but it doesn't work.

A lot of the Amazon reviews describe the unit as being a USB hub - suggesting that like many online reviews the page has previously contained other Sabrent products - The Sabrent USB hubs do work with Mac.

I have't seen anyone get this running on macOS, if you wish to try, then by all means give it a go but be aware that Sabrent state on the web-page that this product does not work in macOS.

There is a difference between "showing up" and actually having full working functionality. Some of the new Intel Wifi and BT on Z390 boards is showing up, but it doesn't work.

A lot of the Amazon reviews describe the unit as being a USB hub - suggesting that like many online reviews the page has previously contained other Sabrent products - The Sabrent USB hubs do work with Mac.

I have't seen anyone get this running on macOS, if you wish to try, then by all means give it a go but be aware that Sabrent state on the web-page that this product does not work in macOS.

I had already placed the order when I saw here that people were having issues with it. Im happy to report that it does indeed work. Im on Mojave 10.14.2. I just plugged it in and it immediately showed up (ie on system report/bluetooth, and in teh bluetooth setion of system preferences). It wasnt connecting to my previously working BT devices that were working on my odler BT 2.0 usb, so thats when I started thinking "oh now, it doesnt work", but I just "removed" the devices from my bluetooth connections, and re-paired, and it works great.

Long story short, it works. Im on Mojave 10.14.2. Maybe you are using a wrong usb port. Also, if it mounts and shows previously connected BT devices, remove them and re-pair them instead of just trying to click connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back