Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the GA-Z77N and just upgraded to Yosemite. The 2 USB 3.0 ports in the back are not working at all. Not with USB 2 devices are USB 3 devices. Is there a fix to this? Thanks.

USB 3.0 ports not working at all

I have the GA-Z77N and just upgraded to Yosemite. The 2 USB 3.0 ports in the back are not working at all. Not with USB 2 devices are USB 3 devices. Is there a fix to this? Thanks.

Try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Good Luck

USB 3.0 ports not working at all

Thanks so much. That worked perfectly.

Try this :

Run KextBeast.

Restart

Good Luck

Thank you for the help. We had the same problem. We ran the RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014 and it works. Now the USB3 drives appear to connect however the transfer speed is abysmal. Normally I get around 260MB/second with the USB 3 Raid 0 I have attached when tested on other Hackintoshs I have. On this machine (GA-Z87x_US3H) it is only getting around 25-30MB/second. I also have the same data rate problem on a GA-Z87X-UD5H) Any help is appreciated

Try this :

Run KextBeast.

Restart

Good Luck

This worked perfectly for me! Immediately recognized my other 2 USB 3.0 ports and transfers speed seem normal! Thank you, I've been struggling with this for a while!

Thank you for the help. We had the same problem. We ran the RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014 and it works. Now the USB3 drives appear to connect however the transfer speed is abysmal. Normally I get around 260MB/second with the USB 3 Raid 0 I have attached when tested on other Hackintoshs I have. On this machine (GA-Z87x_US3H) it is only getting around 25-30MB/second. I also have the same data rate problem on a GA-Z87X-UD5H) Any help is appreciated

We did that and it worked. The problem we are having now is that the machine won't shut off. It appears the OS shuts down and we go to a black screen but the fans and cpu keep working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back