Contribute
Register

[solved] USB 3.0 Multibeast 5.4.0 FAILURE to INSTALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

See my signature for my build. OS Version 10.8.4.

In trying to get USB 3.0 to work I used MB 5.4.0 to install the Universal USB 3.0 fix. It simply fails the installation. I did as MB suggested and tried the install a couple of times.

I think when I first did the Unibeast install and used MB 5.4.0 I did install this Universal USB 3.0 fix. Is that my issue?

How do I re-install?

Since my initial build I have seen errors on boot (with -v option) of USB ports failing to init because 'requested current was 24mA and supplied current was 0 mA'. So I was attempting to see if a re-install might fix this.

USB 3.0 Multibeast 5.4.0 FAILURE to INSTALL

See my signature for my build. OS Version 10.8.4.

In trying to get USB 3.0 to work I used MB 5.4.0 to install the Universal USB 3.0 fix. It simply fails the installation. I did as MB suggested and tried the install a couple of times.

I think when I first did the Unibeast install and used MB 5.4.0 I did install this Universal USB 3.0 fix. Is that my issue?

How do I re-install?

Since my initial build I have seen errors on boot (with -v option) of USB ports failing to init because 'requested current was 24mA and supplied current was 0 mA'. So I was attempting to see if a re-install might fix this.

View your var/log/install.log (from Console) and/or your system.log (from Console) while you run Multibeast to diagnose/discover the cause.

Just a guess: It could be kernel cache issue, where the system is unable to build a pre-linked kernel because perhaps you have some rolledback (USB) kexts that are not up-to-date with respect to what the system expects...

USB 3.0 Multibeast 5.4.0 FAILURE to INSTALL

View your var/log/install.log (from Console) and/or your system.log (from Console) while you run Multibeast to diagnose/discover the cause.

Just a guess: It could be kernel cache issue, where the system is unable to build a pre-linked kernel because perhaps you have some rolledback (USB) kexts that are not up-to-date with respect to what the system expects...

Thanks for your advice which I followed. But this install was successful.

I thought about it for a while and then realized that I had just turned OFF my Bluetooth 4.0 dongle sitting in a USB 2.0 slot on my front panel.

Maybe that's why before the installs failed??

Sorry I'm not going to try go back and turn on Bluetooth and see if that makes it fail again. I've too many other issues with this build to go backwards.

How do I update the thread title to say SOLVED ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back