Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Upgraded to RX 580 from GTX 970, One Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, please mark this thread as Solved

I successfully upgraded to 10.14.1 this morning. The process was smooth and uneventful. Everything is working great.

The only single issue I'm now having is that, every 10-15 minutes or so, my network card drops all connectivity (both Internet and LAN). After about 20-30 seconds, connectivity is restored for another 10-15 minutes.

I tried updating AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to version 2.2.2 (2.2.1 was in my Kexts/Other folder) but no change. I recall I had this issue a couple of years ago when I first built this Hackintosh. The only solution then was to downgrade AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1. This was a sub-optimal solution, however, as transfer speeds across the LAN to my NAS were significantly slower with the version 1 kexts.

Any thoughts on what this issue could be? (As an aside, I do currently have a TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe Gigabit LAN adapter sitting on my desk doing nothing. I'm not sure about its usefulness or compatibility, though, as references to this card on this site are quite old.)

Thanks for any insights.

I successfully upgraded to 10.14.1 this morning. The process was smooth and uneventful. Everything is working great.
The only single issue I'm now having is that, every 10-15 minutes or so, my network card drops all connectivity (both Internet and LAN). After about 20-30 seconds, connectivity is restored for another 10-15 minutes.
I tried updating AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to version 2.2.2 (2.2.1 was in my Kexts/Other folder) but no change. I recall I had this issue a couple of years ago when I first built this Hackintosh. The only solution then was to downgrade AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1. This was a sub-optimal solution, however, as transfer speeds across the LAN to my NAS were significantly slower with the version 1 kexts.
Any thoughts on what this issue could be? (As an aside, I do currently have a TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe Gigabit LAN adapter sitting on my desk doing nothing. I'm not sure about its usefulness or compatibility, though, as references to this card on this site are quite old.)
Thanks for any insights.
Yeah Killer NIC 2201 is glitchy at times, I would recommend using the TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe Gigabit LAN adapter with the attached kext I uploaded. Remove the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
    129.5 KB · Views: 49
Yeah Killer NIC 2201 is glitchy at times, I would recommend using the TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe Gigabit LAN adapter with the attached kext I uploaded. Remove the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.

I'll install the TP-Link and give it a try.

Thanks.

The TP-Link NIC is stable. Everything working perfectly now on Mojave.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back