Contribute
Register

[Solved] Updating to High Sierra: IOConsoleUsers error, freezes at 1%, "45 minutes remaining"

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
Graphics
Intel Integrated 350
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I am running into issues while trying to update my hackintosh from macOS Sierra to High Sierra using this guide. My build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i3-6320 with built-in Intel 530 graphics
Graphics: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti (I am using NVIDIA Web Drivers)

Specifically, I could boot into Install macOS from Clover, and it booted fine, but the installer just froze at around 1% and "about 45 minutes remaining". I cannot control my keyboard or mouse once it freezes, so I assumed it was a kernel panic. I booted into verbose mode (
-v) in Clover, and I found that it was giving me the message:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I read further into this and learned that it is probably due to my NVIDIA graphics card. So I went back into Sierra, uninstalled the NVIDIA web drivers, removed the graphics card from my machine, went into the BIOS and enabled IGFX, and finally changed the Intel Graphics Fake ID to 0x12345678 and set the boot flag nv_disable=1.

I then booted into the Install macOS from Clover again with the
-v flag, and I still got the IOConsoleUsers message, but after about 30 seconds it booted into the installer window!

...unfortunately, it seems that all of this was to no avail, because it is still displaying 1%, "about 45 minutes remaining", and freezing. When I tried booting back into Sierra, my graphics card still unplugged, I was greeted with the desktop... but it then froze after about a minute and a half, leaving it unusable.

I have hit a roadblock -- what can I do to fix this mess? Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back