UHD 620
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.... I am not sure if the problem I am having is related to FakeSMC, though I suspect it is, as I just updated it.

I have attached a screenshot of it booting with verbose checked.

Could you please take a look? If it is FakeSMC causing the issue, how should I fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_5004.JPG
    IMG_5004.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 848
Did you update the HWMonitor app and the sensor kexts too? If installed, they must all be updated at the same time.
I updated the sensor kexts and the FakeSMC kexts. I don't install the HWMonitor app. Everything worked for a while and then I got an error that said the kexts were installed incorrectly. When I rebooted I got the same kernel panic. I have attached the screenshot. I can boot using either my Unibeast USB drive or with safe mode. I tried just copying the kexts to /L/E, and also using kextbeast. I am so very frustrated.

Attachments

• IMG_5008.JPG
    IMG_5008.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

Update HWMonitor, FakeSMC and sensors to the latest version:
http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg
OK - I feel stupid. Apparently you meant that the GPUSensors.kext needed to be removed as it is incompatible with Pascal GPUs: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-9-1-update.217901/

I thought it was just corrupt and kept trying to add it back in. Anyways, I have removed it and will not add it back in again until the sensor kexts have been updated to be compatible with Pascal. Now my only issue is that I get an error stating the kexts were incorrectly installed. I installed by just copying them, but then I tried kextbeast. Not sure what the cause is, but I will open a separate thread for that. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back