Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Q87TN
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
HD 4600
In preparation for updating to Mojave from fully functional High Sierra (formatted in APFS) I updated my Clover Configurator, and Clover bootloader both to the latest version. I updated both through Clover Configurator. Upon rebooting I get to the Clover boot selector screen, I can see Windows and Mac OS (physically separate drives), I select Mac OS and nothing happens. Nothing loads. No drive activity. Nothing. Just black screen. I know the Clover update worked because when Clover bootloader launches it now says r4700 versus what ever the old version was I was running.

I went into my BIOS and saw that Clover Legacy Bootloader was Boot Option #1. Even though I had Boot options set to UEFI only. I have no idea where Clover Legacy option even came from, I've never seen it before. My Windows 10 drive was my default. I thought that was a potential source of the issue. Reset everything to UEFI only. Still same issue....

What happened? Is there anything else I can provide to help diagnose this?

Last edited:
Have you tried booting with -v flag from clover?

Have you tried booting with -v flag from clover?
DVaMDuY.jpg

This could be the result of not having the correct BIOS settings so first of all make sure your BIOS settings are set properly. One Of the possible fixes if your BIOS settings are correct is to try the USB port which is stuck in the Motherboard. Another highly recommended fix is to switch your RAM channels A1 + B1.

So in looking at that thread, it seems like i need to add these drivers to my EFI folder on my High Sierra drive.

My guess would be a missing memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Most people only need :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

so make sure that you have at least these four.

Where do I find these drivers to put them in the EFI folder?

I don't have a bootable USB for High Sierra. IIRC I did a direct upgrade to HS from Yosemite. So my bootable USB is still Yosemite.

I was just going to plug my High Sierra drive into another computer (via SATA to USB) and copy the missing drivers to the EFI folder. Is that possible?

This could be the result of not having the correct BIOS settings so first of all make sure your BIOS settings are set properly. One Of the possible fixes if your BIOS settings are correct is to try the USB port which is stuck in the Motherboard. Another highly recommended fix is to switch your RAM channels A1 + B1.

Only have two ram slots, and everything was fine for 2 years until I updated Clover. Only BIOS setting that was changed was Boot Order, which now displays Clover Legacy.

Where do I find these drivers to put them in the EFI folder?
Selections from the Clover installer.

I was just going to plug my High Sierra drive into another computer (via SATA to USB) and copy the missing drivers to the EFI folder. Is that possible?
Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back