Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970
Hi everyone!

Got my first hackintosh recently and everything was installed smooth: I was following all the instructions and finally got 10.12.3 without any issues and fully working. Today I've suddenly decided to update for 10.12.4, and of course I didn't do any backup and didn't update Clover.

So now the computer doesn't start: it ends up on my customized logo, when booting with -v flag, it is stuck on:
SMC: successfully initialized
console relocated to 0x7f91000000
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 12, devices 13 ]
0000001.520506 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: Appl

If I remove dart=0 and add nv_disable=1, it stops at:
0000001.494323 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching
mcache:

If I leave dart=0 and add nv_disable=1, it stops here:
0000001.532334 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching
mcache: 8 CPU(s), 64 bytes CPU cache line size
mbinit: done [128 MB total pool size, (85,42) split]

Okay, I've decided to create a new bootable USB with like I did when installed mac os, so I've downloaded Sierra from Appstore, new UniBeast etc., created the bootable installation USB drive and loaded from it.
When in its Clover boot menu I choose to boot from this USB drive, it is also stuck on the apple logo and loading bar under it (with the loading progredd just as wide as 1 pixel), booting with -v flag shows that I'm stuck on this line:
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResourses</string><key>IOResourseMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

If I choose to boot from USB drive but in the Clover boot menu select my hdd where my system is installed (so I use new Clover from USB drive to load the updated 10.12.4 from my main partition), it showed me right now:
0000001.520506 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: App

So guys anyone know what the hell is going on and why I even cannot boot like the first time to instal the fresh system? Nothing helps: I tried booting in safe mode, single user mode, nv_disable=0/1 etc., installing the newest version of Clover bootloader - nothing works.

Thanks!

SOLVED:
The key was to check USB Ownership in Clover options, so my PC could load either from USB drive or from the main partition.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Got my first hackintosh recently and everything was installed smooth: I was following all the instructions and finally got 10.12.3 without any issues and fully working. Today I've suddenly decided to update for 10.12.4, and of course I didn't do any backup and didn't update Clover.

So now the computer doesn't start: it ends up on my customized logo, when booting with -v flag, it is stuck on:
0000001.520506 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: Appl

If I remove dart=0 and add nv_disable=1, it stops at:
0000001.494323 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching
mcache:

If I leave dart=0 and add nv_disable=1, it stops here:
0000001.532334 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching
mcache: 8 CPU(s), 64 bytes CPU cache line size
mbinit: done [128 MB total pool size, (85,42) split]

Okay, I've decided to create a new bootable USB with like I did when installed mac os, so I've downloaded Sierra from Appstore, new UniBeast etc., created the bootable installation USB drive and loaded from it.
When in its Clover boot menu I choose to boot from this USB drive, it is also stuck on the apple logo and loading bar under it (with the loading progredd just as wide as 1 pixel), booting with -v flag shows that I'm stuck on this line:
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResourses</string><key>IOResourseMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

If I choose to boot from USB drive but in the Clover boot menu select my hdd where my system is installed (so I use new Clover from USB drive to load the updated 10.12.4 from my main partition), it showed me right now:
0000001.520506 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: App

So guys anyone know what the hell is going on and why I even cannot boot like the first time to instal the fresh system? Nothing helps: I tried booting in safe mode, single user mode, nv_disable=0/1 etc., installing the newest version of Clover bootloader - nothing works.

Thanks!
I had the same problem, when in clover, try going into options and check "USB Ownership" or something and then boot again. Not sure if it's that exact name, USB something. let me know how it goes

I had the same problem, when in clover, try going into options and check "USB Ownership" or something and then boot again. Not sure if it's that exact name, USB something. let me know how it goes

Man, that worked! I managed to boot using USB Clover to my main partition and then update Clover, now everything runs just as it should. By the way, it also refuses to load if the flag of USB Ownership is not checked so I had to edit config.plist to make the ownership be fixed (changed false to true).

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back