Core i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,
I've been stuck on installing the Mac OS on my build and I'm having trouble diagnosing the problem with it.
I've gone through several successful builds and copied the BIOS settings, it's helped start the download but after it gets halfway through a cancel sign pops up.
Would this be a problem my USB or am I missing a step along the way.
This is my first time building a computer so any help would be appreciated.

BIOS SETTINGS
Save & Exit >Load Optimized Defaults
M.I.T. >Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) : Profile1
BIOS > FastBoot: Disabled
BIOS > LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
BIOS > Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI
Peripherals > TrustedComputing > Security Device Support:Disable
Peripherals > Network Stack Configuration > Network Stack:Disabled
Peripherals > USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support: Auto
Peripherals > USB Configuration > XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
Chipset > Vt-d: Disabled
Chipset > Wake on LAN Enable: Disabled
Chipset > IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
Peripherals > Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
Chipset > Integrated Graphics: Disabled

Attachments

• IMG_8432.JPG
    IMG_8432.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8433.JPG
    IMG_8433.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 132
You need to use Pastrychef's EFI 4.x folder (and install it in your USB boot disk).

Moved to Desktop Support.

I think the first thing to do is remove the nvidia card and enable the onboard graphics. After you can boot from the hard drive re-install the invidia card.

Where can I find that?

I think the first thing to do is remove the nvidia card and enable the onboard graphics. After you can boot from the hard drive re-install the invidia card.
That hasn't worked for me, I took the graphics card out and I still get the same cancel sign.

That hasn't worked for me, I took the graphics card out and I still get the same cancel sign.
  • From your Posted Verbose Boot screen, it looks like you have a USB port file transfer problem causing that "Prohibited Entry Sign" error.
  • Your BIOS listed options look OK for USB controllers.
  • That points to a problem with CLOVER
    • lack of proper USB support kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other and/ or
    • config.plist _Devices_USB lacking [√]Inject [√]FixOwnership
  • It can also be related to a USB port on your Desktop that fails during Boot especially in a USB 3.0 port, This requires switching the Installer to other ports by trial and error until you find the right port most likely at the back of the case.
  • Uploading a zipped CLOVER folder from your USB installer will be a good idea for someone to check it for you.
  • For the steps to get CLOVER from USB installer, check bulleted steps here->#4

• From your Posted Verbose Boot screen, it looks like you have a USB port file transfer problem causing that "Prohibited Entry Sign" error.
  • Your BIOS listed options look OK for USB controllers.
  • That points to a problem with CLOVER
    • lack of proper USB support kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other and/ or
    • config.plist _Devices_USB lacking [√]Inject [√]FixOwnership
  • It can also be related to a USB port on your Desktop that fails during Boot especially in a USB 3.0 port, This requires switching the Installer to other ports by trial and error until you find the right port most likely at the back of the case.
  • Uploading a zipped CLOVER folder from your USB installer will be a good idea for someone to check it for you.
  • For the steps to get CLOVER from USB installer, check bulleted steps here->#4
I switched USB ports and that worked in the install process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back