Contribute
Register

(Solved)Unibeast stuck at apple logo! Help, screenshot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
CPU
Core i7-6700K
Graphics
HD Intel
So I decided to upgrade my system!
M/B: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III

New install...SSD has been formatted to mac os journaled GUID partition.

Same power supply that I was using. Only the SSD is connected, one stick of RAM, Unibeast from OS Sierra downloaded from the mac store, 64GB Sandisk Cruzer! Boots into clover and install from USB but at the next step it stays at the apple logo and the status bar with like 5% status and never changes. I think I need to change some Bios settings but all I could find was load optimized defaults and Vt-d disabled I could not find any other changes noted...

Here is a screenshot hope it came out ok?

Last edited:
Nope not yet, gonna tackle it in a moment! I will post up anything new...

Your bios should be similar to mine, below is what I changed:

For the bios settings I first undid the CPU and Memory overclock I use for windows to get everything back to stock. I then selected optimized defaults and as stated in the guide I set VT-d to disable, I could not find CFG-Lock or Secure Boot. Other OS was already the default, I disabled the serial port and I set XHCI Handoff to enabled.

I had to increase the DVMT Pre-Allocated from 32M to at least 64M under chipset or I would get a Kernal panic on first boot after multibeast. Between my installs I updated the bios and 64M used to be the default, but in bios version F20 it is 32M. I keep getting kernal panics until I changed this to 64M. Actually on my first try I set it to max of 1024M and after that worked I tried 64M out of curiosity and after it worked at 64M I left it at 64M.

Here is my build guide, should be similar...same audio codec alc892...good luck!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...170x-ultra-gaming-hd-530-with-10-12-1.209389/

Last edited:
Thank you! I started all over again selected optimized defaults, disabled serial port, and what I had not done XCHI Handoff to enabled. I had left it at disabled and that was buggering me up. I am posting from my new install! Used Migration assistant from my last TM backup. Still no sound so I will check out your thread and see if I missed something. I did use ALC892 in multibeast still did not work...Also super slow boot up speed, but since I never turn it off I am good with that...not a big deal.

Glad it helped! I could not get audio working without following the steps in my install guide. Check the sticky at the top of the Sierra install, it might be better instructions than mine. It leads you to the below link, scroll way down for unsupported audio, you have to copy a file to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/#post886744

Do you have any graphic issues on the top left?

Also I almost bought the motherboard you have! I spent like a month agonizing over which motherboard to get...I just looked at spreadsheets and it was nearly identical to the ultra gaming, I only picked ultra gaming because it had a better deal at the time...

Last edited:
The only thing I have is a small glitch on Safari tool bar with multiple windows open, but it is only on the tool bar section looks like digital tiling...not sure why that is. I have sound now, don't ask me how, it just started working...

The only thing I have is a small glitch on Safari tool bar with multiple windows open, but it is only on the tool bar section looks like digital tiling...not sure why that is. I have sound now, don't ask me how, it just started working...
Yeah same as what I had, the steps on mine should elimate that....just be careful pasting it in. I think I figured out how to use clover configuration to do it tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back