Contribute
Register

[Solved] Unibeast no issue, boot into MacOS (anything) freeze..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z370 Mini ITX
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
I've made a few fully functioning Hackintosh's now due to this incredible forum however I can't seem to get my latest build to work. Unibeast installed Mojave perfectly. No issues. I've done it a few times now. However, I can't get it to actually boot into MacOS. It's just a progress bar that loads 100% and sits there for an hour before I shut it down. I can only get this thing to boot into MacOS on a fresh format of the entire drive and install once. Booting with Unibeast instead of Multibeast post that first install makes no difference. I have turned on/off different debug options - nothing. My biggest issue in the past was being able to get to a boot screen but not being able to use the mouse/keyboard. I solved that.

Any ideas? Installing again won't help... The most frustrating thing is I actually had it working on the same exact hardware/software with no BIOS changes or anything. I wanted to try a fresh install once understanding the process and just can't get it to work again.

It's just a progress bar that loads 100% and sits there for an hour before I shut it down.
Your GTX 1080 Ti is currently not supported in macOS Mojave.
You need to wait for the official web drivers to be released from Nvidia.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v), set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Thank you very much. I tried, and it still shut down. I took a video and can share the screen shot but I'm going to first try installing High Sierra instead. I've been keeping abreast of the Nvidia/Apple war and thought I could skate by using the Intel GPU instead of the Nvidia. For my purposes on the Mac side that's totally OK. I only really want the Nvidia graphics card on my Windows install.

BreBo, thanks for your help. Turns out I'm just an idiot. I have so many hard drives installed that it was just hidden and I needed to scroll over with the arrow key!

That said, is it possible to use my Intel GPU for the Mac side on Mojave and just use the 1080 on Windows? With two different cables attached? Display port for the GPU and HDMI for the Intel to the same wide screen monitor? My BIOS has a setting to use both and I've been able to boot in using the Intel GPU but it's crashing after a few minutes on the Mac side. I've only spent about 5 minutes on it so haven't worked through the issue. Alternatively, I can just install High Sierra. Obviously, I want the latest but it may not be worth it and I want to use the Mac side for family stuff. The Windows side is for my work/fun.

Thank you very much, your post did help point me in the right direction because I didn't know about all the keyboard shortcuts and quickly figured it out once I tried not to rely on a GUI.

Your GTX 1080 Ti is currently not supported in macOS Mojave.
You need to wait for the official web drivers to be released from Nvidia.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v), set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).
Please disregard my question, I appreciate your help and reaching out to people like me. I realized it's a fools errand and just installed High Sierra which is working great. This site is great, thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back