Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]UniBeast Mountain Lion 1.7.0 installation failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
defbref,

SUCCESS!

Thanks for sticking with me here - turns out my (Mac-specific) ignorance strikes again! I was not looking in the proper location for the log info (I was just looking at the generic(?) Console Messages as opposed to hitting Show Log List and selecting /private/var/log/install.log) so the log message I saw was nothing useful beyond "Installation Failed".

Once I looked in the right place, I saw the common problem, documented in the UniBeast troubleshooting notes (http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/73498-unibeast-troubleshooting-notes.html), "The package “UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.7.0.pkg” is untrusted." Per the troubleshooting notes, I downloaded and installed the Apple Software Installer Update 1.0 (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512), restarted the system, and was able to run the UniBeast installer to completion without a problem!

Apologies for the brain to keyboard interface problems! :)

Thanks again,
Devon

I have the exact same problem you had! So when I try and use the Apple Software Installer Update it says that it is meant for OSX 10.6 and will not work on my Mountain Lion iMac. Do you know of any other way I could get this working? I am beyond lost...

thealanshow,

Wish I had some great insight to share with you but I hate to say I don't. I assume you are up to 10.6.8 at this point? I ask because that is the only prerequisite I am aware of (though someone with more OS X experience than me [it wouldn't take much, I assure you!] might know of some other issues you could be encountering).

Good luck,
Devon

I all also had this same problem, although it was with 2.02ub. had installed snow-leopard and upgraded to 10.6.8, but only that file! no the full set of 9 files to be upgraded.

after numerous attempt's to run ub and reading here I thought it could be that I hadn't upgraded to 10.6.8 correctly.

so re upgraded all files (10.6.8 wasn't there as it was already on the computer)

and is working, currently waiting for it to complete whilst i'm typing this.

cheers for great forum

Thread closed as UniBeast 1.7.0 for Mountain Lion is no longer supported or available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back