Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] UniBeast doesn't recognize Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded Sierra on my old MacBook (running El Capitan).

I'm trying to create an install drive with UniBeast, and it doesn't recognize the downloaded Sierra installer at `/Users/me/Downloads/Install macOS Sierra.app`.

What could be the issue? I checked the UniBeast app contents, but couldn't find any configuration files to edit. The app seems very orthodox in it's wizard approach, it didn't accept installing on an external HDD instead of a USB stick. If I should just do the thing manually, can someone point out an up to date guide?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 22.10.34.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 22.10.34.png
    106 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Update: I moved the file to `/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app`, and got past that step.

Last edited:
why did your download end up in Downloads folder? where did you download Sierra?

Don't know. On my computer hard drive, in my apartment, from the internet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 22.34.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 22.34.00.png
    653.9 KB · Views: 345
you don't know how you downloaded Sierra?

I don't know how it ended up in the Downloads folder.
Your questions (the question-mark delimited things) line up perfectly with my answers (the dot delimited stuff).

This seems stuck at 20% (after automatically mounting `OS X Base System`).
I'm going to purge `~/Library/Caches`, and try to download Sierra from the App Store again.

That didn't work. I don't know where it's kept, but App Store still reported an existing Sierra installer.
I made a new user for that purpose, and that worked. But I can't seem to download the latest Sierra (laptop too old) :)

Undoubtedly, all systems involved are just a little too "smart". Keep that in mind when making software.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.04.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.04.55 PM.png
    522.6 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
but you managed to download it earlier, what has changed since?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back