HD 7970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I decided to update my USB installation keys with the new version of UniBeast. However, when I run it, it says that both my El Capitan and Yosemite installers-- both downloaded from the App Store and used successfully to create UniBeast installers in the past-- are "incomplete" and must be re-downloaded.

I've searched the forum and this problem has popped up before but I've never seen a definitive cause or solution. Any ideas?

UniBeast 6.1 says "Mac OS installer is incomplete"

I can confirm this issue. I'm running OS X 10.10.5 + UniBeast 6.1.1 and it's giving me the same error message. The "Install OS X El Capitan.app" file is in my /Applications folder and I've verified it by MD5 hashing it and opening it.

Bump. Any ideas?

Mine said this too the first time I tried to make the USB. Who knows why. I deleted the installer on my computer, redownloaded and then it worked.

Apparently, the error message wasn't kidding. I had my buddy agottschling (not sure how to format the hyperlink) download the "Install OS X El Capitan" app, and his was ~6GB while mine was only ~5GB. I have no idea why the app still opened and the hash checked out clean, but whatevs. My guess would be the "createinstallimage" binary image inside the application got cut off mid-download and the Mac App Store didn't detect it. Blaming this on an App Store downloader bug.

Proposed solution: re-download the El Capitan installer app on a stable internet connection that doesn't time out for significant periods of time.

Last edited:

Yikes. That's a pretty big discrepancy that should have such a basic fix. You'd think the first thing the App Store would check is how many bytes the file is. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back