Asus z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
Radeon RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guy

this is my fist mackintosh build so i don't know much, i install El Capitan with some problemas but now i have a working Hackintosh with El Capitan but i want to update to Sierra so i can Enable my RX 480 Graphics card but always i try to install Sierra from a USB the load bar at boot frees so i can't make it to the installation, when i try to install directly form El Capitan when it reboot clover doesn't show me the instal partition and reboot on El Capitan

Mother: asus z170 pro gaming aura
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: Radeon RX 480

Update Clover to the latest version before you install/upgrade.
I'm new also. I completed my first build and was working on another using the same Gigabyte H170N-WIFI motherboard. I wanted to use Sierra this time. I had installed El Capitan on a 128GB SSD then cloned to a 525GB SSD before sending it to my son. I put the 128GB SSD in the new box and it booted great, other than the missing Nvidia video.

I too tried to do the update and was not successful.

I downloaded clover and was able to access the plist file but do not understand what you mean. I do see the Install from option but when I choose it I see it get about 2/3 way through then hangs. I read https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/ but get lost at #5. There are no Boot Options for Without Caches and/or Inject Kexts for me to choose.

okay, so I found more to try. Xented mentions how to make sure Clover is updated. This may be why I do not see the options. Also I mounted the EFI partition and copied the files from Clover/kexts/10.11.6 to Clover/kexts/other. I was not getting them from Library/Extensions (including hidden files). I will work on this tonight when I get home from work.

Last edited:
Update Clover to the latest version before you install/upgrade.
First of all, thaks for replay me

I update my clover and i be able to update tu mac OS X Sierra, now i'm installing all the kents to make it run my RX 480 and all drives to make it smooth. Thaks for all the help

I was able to update to Sierra but after following instructions to enable the ASUS RX 480 4GB card I now cannot boot to Sierra. It starts the dumps and tries to restart. I mean the apple logo shows for a while then i loose display. This after I try to boot with the IGFX boot option. If I leave it as the PCI I can boot all the way into Sierra.
I was really hoping using the AMD Radeon would work smoother than the Nvidia on my last build but now been a couple of days and frustration is about to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back