Motherboard
Lenovo T510
CPU
intel I5 M520 2.4 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello, I am having trouble with my AR9285 wifi card and am requesting help.

I installed Sierra on my Lenovo T510 laptop. I replaced the Intel Wifi Half mini wifi card with the AR9285.
I modifed my bios to remove the Bios whitelist. My hard drive is partitioned with Windows 7 and the wifi card works fine with Windows. However, I am not able to get the wifi card to work within Mac. I have tried using the kexts - IO8211Faily.kext, ToledaARPT.kext and ProbookAtheros.kext. None of these worked. I also tried patching my DSDT file but was not able to get this to work either. See attached files. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Rk

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • Ramu’s iMac.zip
    483.2 KB · Views: 57
  • RehabMan.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Terminal Saved Output2.zip
    974 bytes · Views: 48
Hello, I am having trouble with my AR9285 wifi card and am requesting help.

I installed Sierra on my Lenovo T510 laptop. I replaced the Intel Wifi Half mini wifi card with the AR9285.
I modifed my bios to remove the Bios whitelist. My hard drive is partitioned with Windows 7 and the wifi card works fine with Windows. However, I am not able to get the wifi card to work within Mac. I have tried using the kexts - IO8211Faily.kext, ToledaARPT.kext and ProbookAtheros.kext. None of these worked. I also tried patching my DSDT file but was not able to get this to work either. See attached files. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Rk
IO80211Family.kext must be vanilla. Then you have to install ToledaARPT.kext, ProBookAtheros.kext or AtherosWiFiInjector.kext. Choose only one. Also, the patch for AirPortAtheros40.kext in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch is set incorrectly and it's not needed anyway.

Hello, I did as you suggested and installed IO80211Family.kext and ToledaARPT.kext.
I also removed the patch. However, did not work. Not sure if my IO80211Family.kext is vanilla? See attached file. Thanks.

Rk

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
Got it working! Found vanilla kext in Usb installer. Thanks for your help.

Rk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back