Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630 & Vega 56
I’m attempting a clean install of High Sierra on a Samsung PM951 NVMe 1TB drive which I used without issue for a 10.12 installation (with Rehabman’s patches).

Using the create install media method when I get to disk utility, the drive is greyed out (unmounted) and identified as disk0s1. Attempting to format in either APFS or HFS+, it fails reporting insufficient disk space. I then tried again having already formatted the drive to HFS+ and although the drive shows as mounted, the result is the same. Disk utility sees it as the correct size and PCIe under the info tab.

I’m using Clover 4233 and have APFS.efi in the clover drivers folder.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

I’m attempting a clean install of High Sierra on a Samsung PM951 NVMe 1TB drive which I used without issue for a 10.12 installation (with Rehabman’s patches).

Using the create install media method when I get to disk utility, the drive is greyed out (unmounted) and identified as disk0s1. Attempting to format in either APFS or HFS+, it fails reporting insufficient disk space. I then tried again having already formatted the drive to HFS+ and although the drive shows as mounted, the result is the same. Disk utility sees it as the correct size and PCIe under the info tab.

I’m using Clover 4233 and have APFS.efi in the clover drivers folder.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

disk0s1 should be the EFI partition.
Why are you trying to format the EFI as APFS/HFS+?

disk0s1 should be the EFI partition.
Why are you trying to format the EFI as APFS/HFS+?

Thanks for getting back to me.

That was not my intention - the disk showed as 1TB when selected.

Made a few tweaks to the config.plist (attached) and the drive now shows as 'untitled', (see attached photo) but the problem persists.

I have placed fakeSMC in kexts>other and APFS.efi in the Clover drivers64UEFI folder.

IMG_1344.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.8 KB · Views: 195
Thanks for getting back to me.

That was not my intention - the disk showed as 1TB when selected.

Made a few tweaks to the config.plist (attached) and the drive now shows as 'untitled', (see attached photo) but the problem persists.

I have placed fakeSMC in kexts>other and APFS.efi in the Clover drivers64UEFI folder.

View attachment 283429

Change the "View" dropdown so you can see what you're doing.

Change the "View" dropdown so you can see what you're doing.

RehabMan you're an absolute star! Never had to use that drop down before and there was the drive. Installing High Sierra as I write. Really appreciate your help (also for the NVMe and USB 3 guides which got a fully functioning Sierra install for me).

Thanks and all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back