Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Unable to boot into Clover from USB (Fujitsu AH512)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This misc/preboot.log shows no attempt to boot.
No verbose boot photo attached.

You must after booting into Clover:
- press F2
- press F4
- press spacebar (with macoOS boot target selected
- tick verbose boot
- attempt to boot

Attach resulting EFI/Clover and image screen that results.

Note: If you suspect a graphics issue, it is best to set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x123435678 such that you don't forget to change it in Clover options.

Also, your profile is missing important details. Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Make sure you're using a USB2 flash drive in a USB2 port. As per guide, you may need USBInjectAll.kext and/or FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

I can honestly say I did do this, I've noticed I don't even get debug file if I enable debug mode.

I'll amend the config.plist now to accommodate the FakeID, and add the USBInjectAll kext.

My curiosity is if it was a graphics issue, would you expect it to still be running but with no display?
The whole system hangs at the point of boot, I can restart with Ctrl + Alt + Delete. The fans stop whirring and the LEDs on the USB stick stop blinking.

In terms of fixing my profile, I can't. If I do I will get banned again, and I'm guessing it'd be permanent. Is there a site administrator I can talk to about this. It's happened twice now I can't update my chipset or correct the processor. If you go back to the start of this thread you'll see I tried to amend it exactly as you stated and it banned me. I've never tried to write it any other way than instructed.

UPDATE : Still same result, problem files attached

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I can honestly say I did do this, I've noticed I don't even get debug file if I enable debug mode.

I'll amend the config.plist now to accommodate the FakeID, and add the USBInjectAll kext.

My curiosity is if it was a graphics issue, would you expect it to still be running but with no display?
The whole system hangs at the point of boot, I can restart with Ctrl + Alt + Delete. The fans stop whirring and the LEDs on the USB stick stop blinking.

In terms of fixing my profile, I can't. If I do I will get banned again, and I'm guessing it'd be permanent. Is there a site administrator I can talk to about this. It's happened twice now I can't update my chipset or correct the processor. If you go back to the start of this thread you'll see I tried to amend it exactly as you stated and it banned me. I've never tried to write it any other way than instructed.

UPDATE : Still same result, problem files attached

Updating your profile should be fine (the rules will be changing for laptops), as I have contacted @tonymacx86 regarding it.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Updating your profile should be fine (the rules will be changing for laptops), as I have contacted @tonymacx86 regarding it.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Thanks for your help there, I’ll update it shortly.
I still can’t reach verbose sadly, I’ve never experienced this with my other machines before.

My main test have been against a 10.12.6 downloaded from the App Store of my MacBook Pro (MacBook Pro 5,1 I believe) which was created by createinstall media method in your guide.

I have also tested with an installer created by restore baseesd.dmg Method with patched appleintelgramebuffer And appleintelcapri Keats (due to the series7, sandy bridge combination of the laptop.) both are the same outcome.

My BIOS isn’t amazingly configurable, it’s a Phoenix SecureCore Taino 1.21, SATA is set to AHCI, And secure boot is disabled.

Thanks for your help there, I’ll update it shortly.
I still can’t reach verbose sadly, I’ve never experienced this with my other machines before.

If you get just blank screen, perhaps you should try Clover legacy. Or different Aptio fixes... (as per guide).

If you get just blank screen, perhaps you should try Clover legacy. Or different Aptio fixes... (as per guide).

Rehabman, thank you so much for your patience and assistance with this.

I haven't tried legacy on the latest revision (I think I was a few behind) and since I got a BIOS update.

I've hit verbose on legacy!

I'm getting up to a kernel panic as it can't load AppleIntelSMBGraphics.kext it seems.

Am I right in assuming legacy doesn't create DSDT? Pressing F4 seems ineffective.

UPDATE! I've replace the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext with NullCPU, and booted in safe mode (as I was getting a busy timeout iGPU error) and it's currently installing Sierra. Staying hopeful this goes through.
Thank you again for your help, will update when I have more progress to share

UPDATE2: Install went through sucessfully. I've some boot issues so for the sake of clarity and forum decorum I'll close this support ticket off, and raise one for post-install issues.

Thank you everything for your support, this has been the first time I've had a machine so trivial. I was paper thin close to giving up!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • Verbose 1.png
    Verbose 1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • Verbose 2.png
    Verbose 2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Rehabman, thank you so much for your patience and assistance with this.

I haven't tried legacy on the latest revision (I think I was a few behind) and since I got a BIOS update.

I've hit verbose on legacy!

I'm getting up to a kernel panic as it can't load AppleIntelSMBGraphics.kext it seems.

Am I right in assuming legacy doesn't create DSDT? Pressing F4 seems ineffective.

UPDATE! I've replace the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext with NullCPU, and booted in safe mode (as I was getting a busy timeout iGPU error) and it's currently installing Sierra. Staying hopeful this goes through.
Thank you again for your help, will update when I have more progress to share

UPDATE2: Install went through sucessfully. I've some boot issues so for the sake of clarity and forum decorum I'll close this support ticket off, and raise one for post-install issues.

Thank you everything for your support, this has been the first time I've had a machine so trivial. I was paper thin close to giving up!

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note section mentioning alternate DropTables (always read carefully/completely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back