Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Unable to boot into Clover from USB (Fujitsu AH512)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo A540 - Clover UEFI
CPU
i5-4258U / Haswell
Graphics
HD 5100 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All

I'm unable to boot the USB successfully, I get just a blank black screen.

I've done this several times for my desktop but I cannot reach Clover bootloader, let alone get further and try to load Sierra.

I've FakeSMC in the 10.12 kext folder, I've tried multiple USB hard drives and memory sticks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jiji

Hi All

I'm unable to boot the USB successfully, I get just a blank black screen.

I've done this several times for my desktop but I cannot reach Clover bootloader, let alone get further and try to load Sierra.

I've FakeSMC in the 10.12 kext folder, I've tried multiple USB hard drives and memory sticks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jiji

Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi FearTech

Thank you for the response, trust me from the forums here I've had both of those threads open reading religiously.

Last night after making the 7th or 8th Clover USB stick I've managed to get into Clover, however it cannot see the installer.

I tried it on my desktop Hackintosh, which has the same version of clover running successfully, that couldn't see it either.

I'm currently on a few days trip on hotel wifi with just the laptop booting windows at the mo (no MacBook with me to make any install media.)

So I've gotten further, I just have an issue with how the installer is installed it seems, I restored it using instructions above (using DiskUtil via Terminal commands) so I'll have a play a little further when I get home asap.

Okay, after redownloading the Sierra installer, I have a clover + sierra installer USB hard drive.

My issue is now when I select the Installer, it is black screen and nothing happens.

I've tried Verbose, still the same, I can see no output.

I've attached Clover config files. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 211
Okay, after redownloading the Sierra installer, I have a clover + sierra installer USB hard drive.

My issue is now when I select the Installer, it is black screen and nothing happens.

I've tried Verbose, still the same, I can see no output.

I've attached Clover config files. Any help is greatly appreciated.
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 is not recommended, try OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or AptioMemoryFix

also NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not part of the guide

you may want to also try Rehabman's version of clover as well

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 is not recommended, try OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or AptioMemoryFix

also NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not part of the guide

you may want to also try Rehabman's version of clover as well

Have removed NullCPUPowerManagement, replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 for OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and still black screen, no verbose.

UPDATE : There is no change with Rehabman's Clover. Using the exact same setup as Standard Clover.

Last edited:
I've tried a few different methods over the last two days, and still sadly I cannot get what seems like the Graphics to initialise to when selecting the installer.

Just a blank screen.

I've tried generating a DSDT and using a IntelHD300 fix, I've tried disabling graphics injection, fake IDs etc.

I'm out of ideas. I've attached current Clover setup, if anyone could advise or suggest I'd be greatly appreciative.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 178
I've tried a few different methods over the last two days, and still sadly I cannot get what seems like the Graphics to initialise to when selecting the installer.

Just a blank screen.

I've tried generating a DSDT and using a IntelHD300 fix, I've tried disabling graphics injection, fake IDs etc.

I'm out of ideas. I've attached current Clover setup, if anyone could advise or suggest I'd be greatly appreciative.
don't use clover configurator to edit config.plist's

start with fresh new one form the laptop guide and try and use it as is without making any edits

there are a couple of HD3000 config.plist, make sure to use the correct one for your hardware

don't use clover configurator to edit config.plist's

start with fresh new one form the laptop guide and try and use it as is without making any edits

there are a couple of HD3000 config.plist, make sure to use the correct one for your hardware

Up until last night or so, it has been a vanilla version of config_HD3000_1366x768.plist from Rehabman's Repo ( https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config ) .

I'll revert it back to it's original state once I'm home, but unless what I've selected above is not suitable for my hardware, I'm not convinced that's the root cause here.

May I ask why not to use Clover Configurator to edit the Config.plist?

Up until last night or so, it has been a vanilla version of config_HD3000_1366x768.plist from Rehabman's Repo ( https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config ) .

I'll revert it back to it's original state once I'm home, but unless what I've selected above is not suitable for my hardware, I'm not convinced that's the root cause here.

May I ask why not to use Clover Configurator to edit the Config.plist?
Clover Configurator can break config.plist's and can be a nightmare at times, use xcode or plist editpro

on :
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD3000_1366x768.plist
Inject->Intel=true, you have yours set to false....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back