Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i7-2720QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Hello. I just went thought the update in my Lenovo. I use the Apple update. Now I can not boot into the Mac any more. When I try to boot using a pendrive with clover, the Mac entry is not even showing up. When I try using the Clover that it is in the HD, I got a message that OS restarted the computer. I tried to boot verbose but the computer reboot before I could read anything. Any ideas? Thanks

SORRY, I meant 10.13.2

Attachments

• 20171214_215850_HDR.jpg
    20171214_215850_HDR.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 20171214_215842_HDR.jpg
    20171214_215842_HDR.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I am able to boot in recovery mode. May I try to reinstall the OS?

Hello. I just went thought the update in my Lenovo. I use the Apple update. Now I can not boot into the Mac any more. When I try to boot using a pendrive with clover, the Mac entry is not even showing up. When I try using the Clover that it is in the HD, I got a message that OS restarted the computer. I tried to boot verbose but the computer reboot before I could read anything. Any ideas? Thanks

SORRY, I meant 10.13.2

You probably forgot to update your kexts prior to the update.
You need to update Lilu.kext to 1.2.2.
If this is your ProBook, Lilu.kext is automatically updated via download.sh and install_downloads.sh.
For now, you can remove Lilu.kext from recovery, then correct the problem.
Or just install the latest Lilu.kext using the Terminal from recovery.

Last edited:
You probably forgot to update your kexts prior to the update.
You need to update Lilu.kext to 1.2.2.
If this is your ProBook, Lilu.kext is automatically updated via download.sh and install_downloads.sh.
For now, you can remove Lilu.kext from recovery, then correct the problem.

Thanks for your answer but how to I access the HD from recovery? I was able to open the terminal but I do not know how to use the terminal to get to that kext and erase it. Can you help me with this? Thanks

Thanks for your answer but how to I access the HD from recovery? I was able to open the terminal but I do not know how to use the terminal to get to that kext and erase it. Can you help me with this? Thanks

Read in my u430 guide... I already explained it to someone else there.

Read in my u430 guide... I already explained it to someone else there.

Thanks for your answer. I found this "cp -R /path-to-Lilu-1.2.2/Lilu.kext /Volumes/name-you-gave-to-your-system-volume/Library/Extensions". But how do I get the file and where should I park it. I can download it and copy to a pen drive, and then find the path to the pendrive, correct? Second, this command will erase the one that it is already there and copy the new one or it will copy the new one and I will end with two version of the file? Sorry, I know this is too basic for you. Thanks again.

Thanks for your answer. I found this "cp -R /path-to-Lilu-1.2.2/Lilu.kext /Volumes/name-you-gave-to-your-system-volume/Library/Extensions". But how do I get the file and where should I park it. I can download it and copy to a pen drive, and then find the path to the pendrive, correct? Second, this command will erase the one that it is already there and copy the new one or it will copy the new one and I will end with two version of the file? Sorry, I know this is too basic for you. Thanks again.

The Lilu.kext 1.2.2 file is on my bitbucket site.
Yes, you should copy it it a USB. Then copy it to the system drive (in /L/E) with Terminal.
cp will overwrite the existing files.

The Lilu.kext 1.2.2 file is on my bitbucket site.
Yes, you should copy it it a USB. Then copy it to the system drive (in /L/E) with Terminal.
cp will overwrite the existing files.

Thanks. I will try tonight. Will see how it goes

Thanks. I will try tonight. Will see how it goes

Hello again. I wanted to let you know that once more you are the ruler. Thanks so much for your help. Hope you have a happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back