Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
I'm rather new to the Hackintosh community, I have followed the below guides to setup the hacks:

- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ (tried to modify platform id and FakeID, it seems not working in Mojave, so decided to follow this guide, but no luck)

however, still I'm getting 7MB of vram and not getting the UHD630 accelerated.

attached debug log to seek for help.

thanks all.

Attachments

• debug_9682.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 176
I'm rather new to the Hackintosh community, I have followed the below guides to setup the hacks:

- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ (tried to modify platform id and FakeID, it seems not working in Mojave, so decided to follow this guide, but no luck)

however, still I'm getting 7MB of vram and not getting the UHD630 accelerated.

attached debug log to seek for help.

thanks all.

Your native device-id is 0x3e98. It is not natively supported.
You will need to inject a compatible device-id.
Refer to IOPCIPrimaryMatch in /S/L/E/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/Info.plist for possibilities.

Your native device-id is 0x3e98. It is not natively supported.
You will need to inject a compatible device-id.
Refer to IOPCIPrimaryMatch in /S/L/E/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/Info.plist for possibilities.
Thanks for the hint. further questions may need you help.

1. from the AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext, is that what I should try?

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x3E9B8086 0x3EA58086 0x3E928086 0x3E918086</string>

2. I tried to change the id to 0x3E9B in the config.plist/Device/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) for whatevergreen to work, does it mean its not working according to the log I generated?

thanks

2. I tried to change the id to 0x3E9B in the config.plist/Device/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) for whatevergreen to work, does it mean its not working according to the log I generated?

Not shown in the files you attached in post #1.

Not shown in the files you attached in post #1.
I have set the below property in config.plist for WEG, but im not sure where/which log should i check to see if WEG is working. can you please advise? thanks
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>

I have set the below property in config.plist for WEG, but im not sure where/which log should i check to see if WEG is working. can you please advise? thanks
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>

You need to inject device-id as well.
Use Xcode to edit your plist.
Set it so it injects device-id=(data) <9b3e0000> (first one in the CFL Info.plist IOPCIPrimaryMatch).
You can test each.

Set it so it injects device-id=(data) <9b3e0000> (first one in the CFL Info.plist IOPCIPrimaryMatch).
You can test each.
Huge thanks man, IT WORKS!!!!
however, it works on DP only, can i modify it to HDMI output? thanks

will work on the fb-patcher to see if can direct the output to HDMI port

You can test each.

I'm having similar issue. I'm running core i3 8100 on gigabyte b360m d3h using mojave and when I put the correct device id 0x3e918086 or 3e928086 and once the os detected that id my screen goes to sleep. I'm not sure is it happening. But using this method will resolve my problem? I dont have external gpu im only using on board graphics.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back